I want a Lumia 920 but...in what color?

SaulSantos

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
First of all, sorry for the stupid question, but I just can't decide.

I have a Lumia 610 and I want to make the switch to Windows Phone 8. I love the OS, I want to support. I like the 920 because of its specs, design, and price point (in my country, Portugal, Lumia 620 costs 190?, Lumia 720 230?, 820 270?, 625 255? and Lumia 920 costs 300? - for the price difference, I believe it is worth it).

Now that I have made my choice about the model, I can't decide in what color I should get it. First choice would be black, of course, but I'm kinda tired of dull black phones. The red and white ones look good, but I'm afraid it could get tiresome. People with colored Lumias, are you tired of your flashy colors?

Also, does your lumia 920 feel too big for everyday use?

Thanks and sorry again for the dumb question.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
My first 920 was white. I wouldn't recommend white. The plastic was thick and slippery and looked cheap. At least IMHO.

My current 920 is black. I would recommend black. It is sleek and awesome, heh.

When I first got the white 920, I thought the phone was a brick. It was huge. My black 920 seems to be a bit slimmer (I think the plastics are different). But ultimately, no, it is not too big for everyday use. In fact, when I use my GFs iPhone (or my spare iPhone, for that matter), the iPhone feels too small.

You'll dig it. :)

Games Goblin

May 26, 2013
Visit site
Good choice on the 920 mate! You will not regret it :)

as for the choice of colour - if you want to go for an understated look, I would recommend black - as the black one has a matte finish and feels quite nice to hold and grip.

remaining colors are red, white and yellow - these have a glossy finish and not as good to hold as the matte black one, in my opinion. But the red and yellow colors are lovely to see and is quite the attention grabber. I have never seen a white 920 up close so cant comment on it. As someone mentioned above, the louder colours do tend to make the phone visually feel larger - this is more so if u were using a black 920 and switched over to a color one - but that feeling went away after a few days for me.

whatever colour you get, do get the wireless charger - it adds a whole lot to the 920 ownership experience and there is no going back once you go wireless.

edit: while i prefer a matte finish, I quite like the glossy red one as it always reminds me of a Ferrari when I look at it :p

Be sure to check out the colours at the store before u decide.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I have a black 920 but originally wanted yellow. Now I'm wishing I had white. If I could trust myself to attempt swapping out the black body with a white OEM one, I would. But alas, I'm paranoid about screwing something up. I'm good with my black 920 in its neon blue Incipio feather case. Plus, any and all tile colors look good on the black.

Also, nope, my 920 doesn't feel too big for everyday use. At first, I really noticed the size as I came from a Lumia 810 that seemed to be the perfect size for my hands; I was even able to use it one handedly. The 920 I can't really use with one hand, but that's okay.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I got the storm trooper version - white with the black buttons - because it was the cheapest through this website I typically use. I wanted the cyan, but that's AT&T exclusive.

Cyan, grey, black are matte finishes. White, yellow & red are glossy finishes. Personally, if you're in the US, use ExpansysUSA. The 920 is cheap there and you get a choice between black, white, red, yellow and grey. If ExpansysUSA had dropped their prices when I ordered my white one, I'd have gotten the grey model.

Short version - I'd get any of the matte colors first if you don't plan to use a case...

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Short version - I'd get any of the matte colors first if you don't plan to use a case...

I think that's the difference I was trying to peg in my post above: black is matte, white is not. The non-matte phones - to me - seem to be just a hair thicker and rounder on the edges.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I think that's the difference I was trying to peg in my post above: black is matte, white is not. The non-matte phones - to me - seem to be just a hair thicker and rounder on the edges.

I think they are the same, but the coating process gives it that seeming different look...

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
You put a nice case on it to protect the precise instrument that it is. That case can be whatever color or pattern you want to reflect your mood, holiday, season, etc. Problem solved. I will take the next earth-shattering dilemma now please......

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
You put a nice case on it to protect the precise instrument that it is. That case can be whatever color or pattern you want to reflect your mood, holiday, season, etc. Problem solved. I will take the next earth-shattering dilemma now please......

Put a case on a L920? Blasphemy!

Qtweeder

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
i am biased.....yellow....i wasnt keen on red when they sent it me by mistake originally, but its wholly individual choice :) good choice on the 920

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I have a black 920. My wife's is the glossy white, and my dad's is red. I think they all look good... my matte black is my favorite of the three... but I still kick myself a kittle bit sometimes for not getting the cyan edition.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium