Lumia 920 Overheating possibly fixed

xplod566

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
wp_ss_20131202_0001.jpgwp_ss_20131202_0002.jpgHello Everyone

So this is my 1sst Post in WPCentral.Awesome hub.

My phone is lumia 920.1st one was getting so heated up that i think i can boil an egg.

Next one was also the same but still better than before.Not that much but ya it used to get warm so bad battery backup and inproper batttery meter.I was so tensed that i literally tried everything.Reset , format , Update....Name it guys.i literally tried everything.I was kind of shocked to see as to how come it will be always warm and internet will push it to be hot.That would mean some CPU loop in process.I even stopped background tasks.All.but never stopped the Bing weather coz it was microsofts own app and it looked darn good( and ya Whats app is never a reason for bad battery )

Then yesterday i disabled Bing Weather and my god,no heat at all.If i surf the net then it gets little warm.I mean very very little.Other than that the phone stays incredibly cool.I m joyed now and truely loving my phone.I havent tried with game but i have noticed Asphalt 8 will heat up the phone till u drop gameloft a mail stating it burnt your Hands and fingers to the core!

This sloution worked for me.might not be with others but i do think its Bing Weather.Coz i did multiple restarts and it never went warm.I am in 22 hours since last charge and my usage included 20+ snaps, 5 min video, Continously on data(not Wifi),1.5+ hours on call,Medium Whats app,Brousing the WPCentral app for almost 1.5 hours with low brightness with White background , email set to 1 hour retrive with Activesync,Facebook,Hotmail,yahoo,gmail.Background apps are Bing news,bing sport,FB Beta,Insta Beta,Vine,whats app.

I have attached the screenshot for the BACKGROUND TASKS AND BATTERY Timings

I think i can say that the phone was a bit heavily used but managed till one day.

WIll still monitor for some more time/day and tell you

akks

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I use bing weather from the day they released it, on my 820. No such heating issues yet.
But Skype heats my device like anything and battery will be down within no time. May be some apps kill battery idiosyncratically or what.. I stopped using Skype on my phone now. Hoping for native video calling feature in future updates.

xplod566

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
ya akks i never tried skype since it was having too many issues.I had an iPod and there it used to drain crazy even if i dont use it.I guess skype is like that.But if bing weather is casue then its a big issue.i like bing weather. but lets see . i will charge-discharge for one more day or 2. but i was amazed how cool it was even after surfing and all.its definately a bug with Windows on how they manage tasks.Also cant complain coz its new and every OS had their own share of battery drain.I rememebr on my iphone 4s if active sync was there it will hardly give a backup of 12-15 hours max with medium usage,Nokia and WP is awesome on that field.

xplod566

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
Well i charged it till 36% and has,been,using what's app and wpcentral for straight 15 min. No issues at all till now. Brightness,set at low. And in the area near camera its very very little warm. Hardly negligible. I guess that's normal. So if bing weather is really responsible then we found a solution to this. Btw it will take atlesst 2-3 days for me to see if its really the culprit. Just want to to help more and more lumia users ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo