Yellow Haze on Lumia 920 screen fixed by O2 UK.

Dazzi

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone, last week I noticed yellow haze in the top left, middle and bottom right of my screen. Anyway, I posted my phone off last Friday to be repaired, and O2 told me it should take 4 days to repair -- which is a quick turnaround to say it had to travel 274 miles to Dorset. They also kept me up to date (through email) from when they received my phone, which was Saturday lunchtime. By Saturday evening I received an email telling me my phone will be dispatched shortly. So I instantly thought they couldn't fix it, which would of meant my phone being sent back to Nokia.

To my amazement I received my phone before lunchtime today (Monday), and was fixed with a brand new screen. My phone looks brand new with no more yellow haze or dust in the earpiece -- the screen is also way more responsive than before. Like another member said in an other thread, that he/she said the yellow haze may be to do with the phones over heating -- it kind of makes sense. Also, it maybe possible the wireless charging coil could be at fault, because of the magnetic field it creates -- years ago I put some stereo speakers on both sides of my TV, and they did a similar thing except the haze wasn't yellow, it was green.

End of the day, I can't praise O2 enough for how quick they fixed my phone. In my opinion, their customer service is the best in the UK -- their quick turnaround and regular updates by email just proves that. I know from past dealings with Vodaphone, they would of rather blamed the customer first, before fixing a phone.

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Good to hear of customer service like that. I've never been with O2 before, but you find most mobile phone companies don't seem to have a very good reputation, so it's always nice to hear that it can be done right, like in your case :)

Dazzi

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
Cheers DBDev........ I totally agree dznk in terms of reputation. I've been with O2 on contract for years now, because of the exact same thing with other network providers. I also have Pay-as-you-go sim for data. The only time O2 has let me down is the other year, when the Network went down.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre