Magnetic Case.

FranBlagru

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone,
so I just bought a magnetic case for my L920, and I'm a bit worried whether it will damage my phone or not. I tried some things like the compass, and it has been interfering with that. I'm not sure whether the magnet is strong or not. Can this do any damage to the compass or any other part of my phone?
Thanks for answering.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
No way. Avoid magnetic cases like the plague. You don't know what kind of damage they can do to your phone. I've had issues with stuff like MetroCards in bags that had magnets in the pockets in the past. After that, I swore I would keep any cell phone I owned away from them. I do actually have a magnet closure built into one of the small outer pockets of my backpack purse, but I always keep my phone on the opposite side of the interior of the bag just to be on the safe side.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I would think the compass will compensate soon for the magnets.
I doubt damage would occur, but that's just from my experience with the Palm Pre and it's magnetic Touchstone dock

pantsaregood

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
Aside from interfering with compass readings, no damage will occur. Traditionally, magnets and technology mixed poorly because hard drives and floppy disks were magnetic storage mediums, so data on them could be easily compromised by magnets. Magnets could also do significant damage to CRT displays.

Magnets, however, do not interact with solid state storage or LCD displays like this. There's nothing to worry about, short of possibly distorting compass readings while the case is on.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
....I doubt damage would occur, but that's just from my experience with the Palm Pre and it's magnetic Touchstone dock

That's a good example of why a case with a magnet probably wouldn't hurt your phone. Maybe I am overly cautious, but I still wouldn't want a magnetic field next to my phone. :smile:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium