Is the 920 still worth buying?

Stephen Vogel

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Bought mine a couple of weeks ago. Coming from Android I'm more than happy and I would definitely say go for it.

I'm quite interested in one myself but I wonder how big and heavy it really is? Its no longer available in stores here so I can't go and try it out

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm quite interested in one myself but I wonder how big and heavy it really is? Its no longer available in stores here so I can't go and try it out

You can definitely feel the weight but you get used to it. It's a great phone for the money. If you can find a 1020, it's the same size but just a bit heavier.

sym1a1a

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
the 920 is a great phone, more internal storage ( very important for apps and games ) and has built in wireless charging, the 925 is an overall better phone than the 920 so consider the minimal cost difference between the two phones, you said it was for a family member, so i would suggest that you examine the likely usage pattern of said family member and that should help you decide, if its for a younger kid, apps and games might be a higher priority for them, if for an older teen, music, videos and photos might be more their thing, which can go on an SD card, either way as far as OS functionality goes they are equal, either way you cant go wrong, also don't get caught in the trap of "the next phone coming out" for this will always be the case even if you just bought the newest best phone available, the advantage of WP OS is the OS's continuity between devices

alpha beta gaga

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
got my gloss white 2 weeks ago! a beautiful device to look at, hold and show off :cool: add the superb price for a simfree unit, currently ?230, makes it unbeatable in my eyes. and the weight? psssh nothing to worry about.

sym1a1a

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
got my gloss white 2 weeks ago! a beautiful device to look at, hold and show off :cool: add the superb price for a simfree unit, currently ?230, makes it unbeatable in my eyes. and the weight? psssh nothing to worry about.

yeah, this was greatly overblown, i remember when i first held this phone when i bought it, i couldn't believe how much of an issue people were trying to make over this lol

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
yeah, this was greatly overblown, i remember when i first held this phone when i bought it, i couldn't believe how much of an issue people were trying to make over this lol

You forget what people compare it to though. The iPhone 5, without a case is fairly light, has a great battery and aside from wireless charging and NFC, does everything the L920 does. So that's why everyone goes on about the weight and I think in part is why we're not seeing Lumia phones with integrated wireless charging anymore.

I'm curious to see what comes out with WP8.1.

6Kings

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I bought mine on rollout day over a year ago and would still buy it today. I love the 920 wireless charging and have 3 charging plates - one car, one JBL Powerup, and one flat plate and really don't want to go back to wires. It does everything well. Funny that everyone talks about the weight but I find it useful in that when I have it in my pocket, I know it is there and have less concerns about having it fall out and not notice. Really though, if you want a light phone, buy a flip phone or something. The camera is good enough. I have seen all the newer phones rolling out and there is nothing compelling about them that would make me switch yet. Maybe the next generation Nokia phones coming in 2014 might get me but the 920 is a great phone.

DuncanBishop

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Oh HELL YEAH...i bought a red one on flea bay with a wireless upright charger and absolutely love it..wireless charging should be on evry phone you buy.
Outstanding expererince for sure..coming from google world (android) which I still like a lot,but you should never limit yourself.
Sold my samsung gs4 tmobile black and still made $80 profit even with getting it unlocked...give it a try!

sym1a1a

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
You forget what people compare it to though. The iPhone 5, without a case is fairly light, has a great battery and aside from wireless charging and NFC, does everything the L920 does. So that's why everyone goes on about the weight and I think in part is why we're not seeing Lumia phones with integrated wireless charging anymore.

I'm curious to see what comes out with WP8.1.

i really like the way you phrased this comment, typically people compare the WP to the IPhone, ( a WP can do anything an IPhone can ) but you did it in reverse, it has a much better ring to it lol

CGA1

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site

I actually like the weight, makes i feel sturdy and reliable and it feels great in the hand when taking pictures.

Stephen Vogel

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Still a great phone EXCEPT for gears of death on resets and major updates. Drives me crazy how they could screw that part up.

I've seen a bit about this on the internet. Is generally a user initiated hard reset that causes it, updating software, or both? I have read about various methods to recover the phone but they don't seem to work all the time, did it just affect earlier devices or right through the product run?

jdandison

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
We have two 925s, love the phones. Good mix of weight & performance. Only switching to 1020s because we've just had a kid and take a ton of pics.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
We are up for contracts, and so long as we do not leave AT&T, I am leaning to the 1520. If I decide against the 1520 due to it's 15 foot screen (okay, 6 inch, it just seems bigger), I am all in on the 920. I could care less about the age, it is the best out there for value and internals. If you are not a photo nut, then the 1020 has got nothing on the 920. The 925's 16GB is not worthy of a 2 year commitment.

The 920 is a high def screen away from being the best WP option for me right now.

harrywilde

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Go to tescomobile.com i just got my lumia 920 and love it, ?17.50 per month and no upfront cost its such an amazing deal, you can add 4g for an extra ?2.50 as well!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre