Bricked Lumia 920

Andrew Green1

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi, after doing a Hard Reset, the cogs just turn (has been doing this for about 7 hours).

I've tried all the suggestions on here, but the soft reset doesn't work and I can't flash it using the Nokia "Product Support Tool" (Nokia Care Suite) as the "Firmware Repository" is password protected, so I can't download the Firmware required (Vodafone UK, Nokia Lumia 920 Black).

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Andy

Andrew Green1

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Out of curiosity did you do the black update yourself or was it an over the air from Vodafone?

It bricked as I was doing the hard reset, which I was doing because it wasn't working properly (it would boot up, but none of the apps worked!!)

I'm trying your suggestion now, unfortunately, the hard reset has drained the battery completely, so much so that when I take it off charge to plug into the laptop, it turnes off and wont't turn on again...

Last edited:

Andrew Green1

May 5, 2013
Visit site
So I now have some power in the phone, it's pligged into the computer, the Nokia software is running and all it states is "Please connect a device..." - it's been doing this for a few minutes and getting nowhere....

traxxs

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Had something similar yesterday , reset 920 from menu upon reboot spinning gears for hours, tried hard reset soft resets and everything else i could find on the interweb, nokia care suite would not find phone, eventually by mistake plugged it into my computer via usb and for got about it about 2 hours later i here the phone boot its factory reset and working fine now. So i cant explain why but for whatever reason it just all of a sudden booted up

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
help me....Product support tool says firmware is corrupted. i tried all firmware downloader like navifirm, NSU, NSRT, and data package manager to download my L520's firmware but still corrupted...what should i do?

Elrinth

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I tried updating my 920 today. I installed the Windows Insider yesterday, and I selected to get latest updates.

So it said it had a new update. I started installing it. The progressbar barely moves. Then I'm shown a :-( Then it reboots, show Nokia logo and tries to install again. Over and over and over and over and over.

I manage to get it into Lightning / cogwheel by pressing UP constantly while rebooting.

However, My PC can't detect the device at all. I hear the pling plong sound in windows saying it's connected. But I can't find it in device manager (or I don't know where to look for it). Nor can I somehow connect and update/change firmware in the 5.0.0 (5.6.134) Nokia Care Suite. It just says no connection. I try to add connection, but it requires me to know some address to the device, which I can't find int he device manager.

PLEASE HELP!

EDIT:

@LumiaHelp Twitter support saved me!
They redirected me to this webpage: https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...singleTopic%26topic%3DFA144103&token=CjMYYRlP
I followed all instructions and it's working!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers