Unlocked ATT Lumia 920 SMS problems on Tmo US

ClixT

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Ok so here's what's going on, even though I have full LTE/4G bars, sometimes I just can't send SMS. I have to restart the phone for it send an SMS, and sometimes when I restart it, it goes into a boot loop (and the only fix is to remove the sim, turn on the phone, go to field test, switch to 2g only, then restart. Sometimes it'll be stuck on 2g only, and If I try to switch back to 3G/4G, the phone can't recieve 3G/4G even though I'm in refarmed area. I have to keep on trying to switch to 3G/4G to force it back to normal). Is the phone defective or something?? I have my 920 since launch..

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Not having any issues here on a Rogers 920 on T-Mobile. Same was the case with an ATT unlocked 920 w/ Rogers GDR2+Amber ROM on T-Mobile. I would suggest updating to the Update 3 Preview and see if the problem still persists. Also update all Nokia System apps using SysApp Pusher if you haven't done it already.

ClixT

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Any benefits ditching my ATT Rom into an unlocked Euro Dev rom or any other roms? I'm currently enrolled for Preview for Developers, and I don't want to lose/mess up that.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Any benefits ditching my ATT Rom into an unlocked Euro Dev rom or any other roms? I'm currently enrolled for Preview for Developers, and I don't want to lose/mess up that.

On my ATT 920, Euro Dev was unstable, it also had APN settings disabled. I flashed it w/ the Rogers GDR2+Amber and got Data Sense, Field Test mode, better LTE signal...overall it was stable than the ATT 920 ROM on T-Mobile's n/w

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I am using an unlocked ATT Nokia Lumia 920 on T-Mobile and I never had any issues sending SMS at any time. However, when I'm on LTE which is 95% of the time where I live, I cannot receive or send MMS which can be annoying now cause I have to hope to get in a 4G/E area. That's the only issue I have found with the unlocked phone. Everything else works fine. I'm not sure how to do the field test where you can manually select your network speed preference.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire