Lumia 920 says it's charging when not plugged in

Rosey777

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
I've had my phone since June and lately it's been doing this thing where it isn't plugged in and it will say it's charging..the icon will go and everything. When I go to settings screen and scroll to the battery saver part: usually it says battery saver: will turn on when battery is low, 98% left. (or whatever % is left). When the icon says it's charging and I go to the settings, instead of saying what it normally says..it will NOT have the % left. If I click on it, it will say on that screen I have 100% left which is usually wrong.

I do have an app that does a live tile thing of how much battey I have left. I don't know if it's causing issues now but it wasn't before.

I don't think I have water damage to it and I'm just out of ideas. A reboot will do it....but yesterday it did it 4 times. Today, already twice. I've done the hold the power button and volume down button...doesn't help..still did it.

Any ideas?

DBDev

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
If you don't get any other advice you could try a hard reset. That will probably help, but it will delete all data on your phone.

Fryykk

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I have the same problem too recently... Would glad to hear a solution for that... Should I change my battery or its only OS problem?

MrWoldo

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I got the same issue, battery says it is charging when it is not being charged. The problem is that it will show a full battery while it is actually on power save mode. This way Im not getting messages without knowing it, because I think my battery is still full!

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
were you at Fukushima or Chernobyl recently?
I've had my phone since June and lately it's been doing this thing where it isn't plugged in and it will say it's charging..the icon will go and everything. When I go to settings screen and scroll to the battery saver part: usually it says battery saver: will turn on when battery is low, 98% left. (or whatever % is left). When the icon says it's charging and I go to the settings, instead of saying what it normally says..it will NOT have the % left. If I click on it, it will say on that screen I have 100% left which is usually wrong.

I do have an app that does a live tile thing of how much battey I have left. I don't know if it's causing issues now but it wasn't before.

I don't think I have water damage to it and I'm just out of ideas. A reboot will do it....but yesterday it did it 4 times. Today, already twice. I've done the hold the power button and volume down button...doesn't help..still did it.

Any ideas?

tatotiburon

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
i have the same problem and after that the touch screen is a mess when the phone is blocked and the buttons (camera, volume, power) doesn't work...i did various hard reset, didn't work i even changed the firmware with the cyan update and didn't work...everytime i restart the phone it show me the charging icon (NOT PLUGGED IN) and battery 0% i have to do several restarts to fix this but the buttons still gone

Zbyna

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
I faced the same issues. Hard reset did not resolve it either. Only in service they have exchanged the mainboard to fix the issue.

dellboy67

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I have this same issue with a Nokia 520. Tried hard reset several times as well as many soft resets. Even tried a new battery which appeared to work for about a week then started playing up again. Will probably have to send it back fro a warranty repair...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital