I posted this in the battery life sticky, but thought I should create a separate post. Sorry if I'm breaking any forum rules.

My friend and I both got 920s the same day. She has been complaining about quick battery discharge, even after light or no use. I've been having the opposite experience - great battery life and better than my iPhone 4S, even with lots going on on mine.

I played around with hers a few times with the same results. It will say 51% remaining, soon after she charges it to 100%. So I do a hard boot, powering down, then immediately powering back up. When powered back up, it says 100%. This doesn't seem like an actual battery drain to me, or it would come back up at 51% or maybe a little more - but not 100%! It sounds more like a monitoring issue. Something that misreads the actual battery status for some reason. I wasn't able to go through all 77 pages of this thread to see if this has been discussed before, but what are everyone's thoughts?
    12-12-2013 02:08 PM
    I posted this in the battery life sticky, but thought I should create a separate post. Sorry if I'm breaking any forum rules.

My friend and I both got 920s the same day. She has been complaining about quick battery discharge, even after light or no use. I've been having the opposite experience - great battery life and better than my iPhone 4S, even with lots going on on mine.

I played around with hers a few times with the same results. It will say 51% remaining, soon after she charges it to 100%. So I do a hard boot, powering down, then immediately powering back up. When powered back up, it says 100%. This doesn't seem like an actual battery drain to me, or it would come back up at 51% or maybe a little more - but not 100%! It sounds more like a monitoring issue. Something that misreads the actual battery status for some reason. I wasn't able to go through all 77 pages of this thread to see if this has been discussed before, but what are everyone's thoughts?
    The #1 most popular issue for this is "When does the phone ACTUALLY reach zero".

You say you got them at the same time, but was that recent?
    Tell her to not worry about what the number says for a couple of days, to just run it to dead and see how the life of the phone works out for her. Do that cycle a couple of times, 100 to dead to 100 to dead.
    12-12-2013 04:01 PM