Imei changed after repair: how Do I Unlock?

MistyNV

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
This is a Rogers canada phone, that I had originally unlocked (I have never been a Rogers customer). The antenna broke recently, and I had to send it for repairs. When I got it back it had a new imei (motherboard replacement? Same pone, same case wi dings). The note said I had a new imei, and to call Rogers so they could update their database. I did. They to,d me they can't, they don't own that imei. I have to call Nokia to get it added or unlocked. I called Nokia, who told me only Rogers can unlock it. I even tried a third party unlocker who said they can't find it in the database.

What do I have to do to unlock my phone? No one seems to want to take ownership . Htough Rogers even tried to unlock it (I was willing to pay the $50), and couldn't. Nokia apparently can't. Since I don't user Rogers, my phone is now useless. It's been almost a month now that I've had alone I can't use, and multiple phone calls have gotten me no where.

Has anyone else had this! How did you resolve it? The phone was amazing for the month I had it, but at this point I'm ready to toss it and get a new one. Help :(

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
They probably replaced the phone itself. Or, at least the chipset and other related parts.

Best of luck to you, though. Try to get other 3rd-party phone unlockers to get the IMEI checked before finally giving up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6