Need help unlocking 920 after warrenty work

marek91

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Hello Everyone, I had purchased a unlocked Rogers 920 few weeks ago, and was using it on my virgin mobile network fine, but I was having cell service issues, the phone was still under warranty so I had sent it to nokia directly and they had replaced the mother board, so now the IMEI has changed and the original unlock code will not work, I had tried purchasing another unlock code from two places, Cellunlocker and mobileincanada. both places failed to provide an unlock code for my new IMEI, I do not have a rogers account and I dont really want to spend the 50 bucks to unlock it as you can get the codes much cheaper online, is there something that I am missing ? or does a new IMEI take a while to be available on those sites? I have never done this so any input would be helpful.

Thanks
Marek

Alienhead95

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
You should call Nokia and explain your situation to them. I think they should be able to give you the unlock code or help get you a code from Rogers.

marek91

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
I had called nokia right after I posted this thread and Nokia tells me they cant do anything but I kept explaining the issue and how rogers wont take responsibility and now Nokia not taking responsibility, eventually Nokia said they will escalate and contact rogers in my behalf, so we will see were it will go from here. I spoke with cellunlocker.net and support told me that since its a new IMEI 'pretty much new phone' it may take a couple weeks for the database to update, they also said putting a rogers sim in the phone and making a few calls may seed up the process. and after a couple weeks I should be able to get a code from the database.

Alienhead95

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to hear that you are having a tough time. But at least Nokia is helping you some way. Cell unlocker is good, but they are really slow.
I have a recent experience. But they did provide me with a code which worked.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium