Poor voice call quality

Mr_M_Cox

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

I have had my Lumia 920 (UK, ee) for a good while now and for the first few months it has worked flawlessly.

Recently I have been getting told that people cant hear me on calls, that it sounds like I am underwater, am I stood in a tunnel and similar echo/distant based comments.

I know that i can take my handset into an ee store where I will get a loan phone whilst mine is looked over and repaired but I don't want to do this until after the festive period.

Any one have any hints or tips on what this could be down to and how I might improve the situation?

Thanks.

Mr_M_Cox

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
I am going to be taking my phone to EE this coming weekend.

Does anyone know any tricks that I could try before having to give up my phone for repair?

Thanks.

Fiifi Robert

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
I'm experiencing the same problem on my at&t variant of the phone. tried so many means but still the problem exists. Have you been able to solve yours?

mpelti

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I've been seeing a similar issue for about a month. For a while, there were certain places where people would tell me they couldn't hear me, but I could hear them fine. It was mostly like corners of my apartment, or when laying in bed, so I figured they were just areas with bad signal. I started a new job, and found that in the office I had the problem more and more, but going outside usually worked. But the last few weeks, it seems very hit or miss. Some people seemingly can't hear me at all, but it's not consistent and tough to troubleshoot. As it happens in more places though, I'm begining to think it's a phone issue. Unfortunately, it began right at the 1 year mark, so warranty isn't an option.

mpelti

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
So this might seem like a weird answer, but the other day I noticed that the speaker holes on the bottom of my handset were packed with dust. So I took a pin and gently cleaned them out. So far, the people I've talked to have said it's an improvement, but I'll see if that holds true.

Richard Tao

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
I came into this issue as well: especially for incomming call, it always dropped a lot during the 1st minutes.

Later on, this problems seems disappeared after I restored the configuration about "language + region" setting to exactly the same as "out-of-factory" status. Please take a try, hope it helps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea