Lumia 920 heating issue

gevo99g

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Hello guys,
I love my L920 it the best phone I have ever used, but I am having a problem where the back overheats to the point that I think my phone might start melting in my hands. This only happens when I am playing games or watching vine videos. And I do mean it sometimes I have to put my phone down to let it cool off.

I was was wondering is this normal or the 920 or did i get a dysfunctional one. If it is are there any health concerns that i should be worried about.

And if there is way to fix this can someone please tell me because i tired turning of some settings like battery saver and nfc but it still overheats.:unhappy:

Any reply will be appreciated!

Last edited:

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
If the games you play are quite heavy (read: Gameloft games), then it's normal.

However, if it happens without you doing anything, you're either in an area with little to no signal or there's a rogue app or there's a hardware defect.

RattleSnake506

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem today when I was watching Vine videos. It got real hot. I am assuming it has to do with the app. Please correct me if I am wrong anyone.

vaultsurvivor

May 6, 2013
Visit site
It happens every now and again. Its only really an issue if it randomly happens when the phone is in standby, or youre doing something fairly light on the phone (news apps etc.). Ive had certain apps be responsible for doing this, i seem to remember viber was a culprit... Just make sure you havnt got too much running in the background. Mine heats up round the camera (from what ive read this is the normal area...), i generally get 2 days out of my battery with medium use id say (web browsing, Facebook, the odd bit of Netflix...)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon