When I take a picture in Portrait view it switches to Landscape in my albums

KaraNari

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if I accidentally hit a button or something, but every time I take a picture in regular portrait view, it switches it to landscape when I swipe over to look at it or look at it via albums. I don't understand why it is doing this? I reset the camera but it's still doing it.

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
common problem with the overzealous accelerometer. this happens a lot if you're taking a picture straight down, like taking a picture of a piece of paper on a table with camera on top.
just go into edit and rotate it manually.

Last edited:

KaraNari

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Even if I take a picture from far away it still does it. It's just weird, I was outside taking pictures all morning and it was fine, and then in the afternoon it randomly started turning everything sideways.

WNxAshik

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Maybe try the 8 loop motion on the phone. You will calibrate its sensors and then try taking the shots again to see if it worked.

KaraNari

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
How do you get to that screen? I have looked through all my settings but I don't have anything like that. Sorry for all the questions!

WNxAshik

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, I didnt mean you should get that screen. What i meant was that you follow this motion on your phone after launching your camera app and then take pictures to see if the problem is fixed.

KaraNari

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for such a late reply. I had noticed that nothing on my phone would rotate any more, and it was giving me some hassle in some other areas so I just did a factory reset and everything is fine now. :) But thank you so much for trying to help me!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb