920 volume disabled when headphones connected.

itsall4tay

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
When I have headphones connected, from time to time I cannot change the volume while playing music. It reads something like, volume may damage your hearing. The problem is the volume is less than 15 and my hearing is already damaged so I need 20 to listen comfortably. Am I alone or is there a fix. Now I have to do a shut down.

WNxAshik

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
If you are in EU:
I think its the EU volume restrictions blocking it. Can you try changing the Phone's region to US and see if its gone?

If you are in US:
check if you have checked in on an option that says about some same base volume, if so, then uncheck it. If you do this, your files will play at a higher volume.

Kascha K

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
The volume leveling control has nothing to do with this irritating nanny feature that takes the volume down by itself. Doesn't affect it at all, even on AT&T 1520 Lumias like mine.

This is a ridiculous and maddening feature and is dangerous in a car and a total deal breaker when on a bike or motorcycle. Having to take eyes off the road in order to fool with a phone that simply "decides" it is being played too loud? Or having to pull over on a bike in order to fiddle with the phone because you can no longer hear it? Stuff like this makes me wonder about the IQ levels of some of the devs who design these things.

Oh, and that whole thing about it being the fault of the EU and their action? That doesn't explain why US Nokia carriers such as AT&T who have enough control over their customized and exclusive version of the phone to eliminate its wireless charging and cut its storage in half can't disable or completely remove this EU mandated volume control feature. No excuse for that at all.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720