Strange display issue with colors and responsiveness

Philipp Christoph

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi all!

I just experienced the most strange issue I've ever had with this phone.. Been using it for little over half a year now, so not long at all. I've always had the issue with the screen occasionally flickering, but that didn't bother me as much so I didn't send it in to get fixed. So today when browsing some pictures, the phone becomes very unresponsive while displaying strange color issues - just like it'd only display 16-bit or even 256 colors. The screen refresh rate doesn't catch up with the UI anymore. I've been looking all over for the issue, but either it's a novelty (which I don't believe considering the Lumia's history of odd issues) or I'm just not using the right keywords. The phone itself is in great condition and I'm always careful handling it. Has this happened to anyone else? And if so, is there any fix for it or is it a hardware issue where they're gonna make me pay 40? again for repairing something that shouldn't be broken in the first place?

Cheers
Philipp

Philipp Christoph

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Have you sent it in to get it fixed?

Also, I noticed that "slapping" it against a pillow or so seems to help temporarily when it's in that locked-up state. Might indicate faulty wiring somewhere, but I'm not sure.

nagatofm

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
This (or something very familiar) happened to me several times. Thought it can be because of GDR3 preview (never faced this with Amber, but I haven't used Amber for too long). Everytime I face it I just do a reboot and everything becomes ok.

Momchil Ignatov

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
This happened to me several times, while unlocking the phone. The lock screen wouldn't respond as expected and the colors would be strange. But after a few seconds it's fixed by itself. I presume it is a bug that will be solved in future updates.
Lumia 920 + GDR3 Preview

Raumsog

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
Same problem here : whenever I double-tap to display the Glance Screen and it shows time with this dark red, burnt tone, I know that old-school VGA mode is coming :( I hope it's not a hardware issue, like the graphic chipset overheating or something like this...

Hopefully Windows 10 will fix it - Windows 10 will save us all!

name0

Sep 24, 2015
Visit site
If u do PrtScr, you wont see anything strange on pic, so i think it is hardware problem, but i doubt it's overheating because i got it even if i have not been using mobile for hours.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99