Screen replacement and issues with digitizer

StuBeck

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I cracked the screen on my 920 about 2 months after getting it, and have finally gotten around to replacing the screen. I did the same on my wife's 920 and didn't have any issues. With this one, the first time the digitizer simply wouldn't work. Now it will work sometimes, but require a reboot when it decides not to. Also, the lights on the three soft buttons do not turn on at all anymore, nor does double tap to wake. Do I have a bum digitizer? I've restated the cable a few times for the digitizer and haven't been able to get it working back to normal. Thanks for any tips.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
It's either the digitizer, the cable or some kind of software issue if all it takes to temporarily fix it is a reboot.

The capacitive keys not lighting up may also be an issue caused by the screen replacement, and you may have damaged the proximity sensor while doing so.

StuBeck

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
To follow up, the screen was the issue. A new one fixed it. Unfortunately, as I was putting the new screen on, I also let a speck underneath the screen :|

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss