Hi there!

I have a new yellow Lumia 920 and i really wanna switch the cover to red (couldn't find a decent dealer in my country who had the red).

Problem is, i don't wanna lose my warranty so soon because reading about the phone i found that it has a high chance of needing warranty.

If i switch covers, found that my phone has a problem, switch back to the original cover and send it to nokia, would they fix the phone? Because, most of the devices i opened had always that void warranty sticker and in the Lumia there are just 2 screws easy to open...
    12-31-2013 08:35 AM
    First: You're not telling us how new is your device, or why even you choose yellow when you prefer red.
    Second: Do anything that modifies your phone aaaaand, your warranty is gone.
    Third: This phone is not prone to warranty issues. By the logic of the people that say that Lumia phones are prone to technical issues, then every phone has a high chance of needing warranty coverage. It all depends on how you treat your phone. People who say this are probably Android/iOS only users that only just buy the phone to see how it looks, then throw it away and pick it back up, just to find that it's screwed because they tossed it; it's people that don't care about anything other than what they like.

I would say your best shot would be to go to your local carrier and find the Nokia "guy" who is ussualy walking by promoting Lumia phones and asking him directly if your phone could be sent to Nokia so that you could get your cover changed and still be in warranty.
    Remember that chances are he says no, or it simply will cost you a lot.

Hope I could be of help.
    12-31-2013 09:38 AM
    I'm not sure, but I think you will void your warranty
    12-31-2013 09:39 AM
    1: Phone is about 2 weeks and the yellow i really liked on pictures but when it got to my hands was kind of a disappointment. And, i told in the post, when i bought it the colors available (in a decent price online) were black and yellow. Red was out of stock in the places i checked.
    2: Of course that i'm messing around inside the phone and the warranty is somewhat gone but, how can they be sure if when i have to send it to nokia i can change back to the original cover? To open the phone you just need to unbolt 2 screws and you can easily change the back.
    3: I've not only read about some problems coming with the Lumia but also have 2 coworkers who bought it and both came with faulty microphones (stopped working after sometime). It's not a cause of bad treatment to the phone, it's about faulty stuff coming from fabric.

I checked that to around this foruns and from what i read you can only change to a cover of the same colour when the phone it's still in warranty and it's a bit expensive. You can find OEM back covers on ebay for 20€.
    12-31-2013 01:26 PM