Help--new user who formerly had Android

emmichelle

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
So I have always had a droid and decided to switch to the window nokia lumia 920. I feel so dumb! So I have a few questions.
Is the 6snap app the same as snapchat? Will I be able to share pictures with snapchat users?
Is there a music app that is free? All the apps I downloaded send me to a website that makes you pay for the music.
Also, in the contacts some people have the option to call, email, facebook, text while others dont have the texting option. Is there a way to fix this? Why is that happening?
Any other advise or help would be great! Thanks for you help!!

mitsuyager9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
As far as your contacts with no option to call, those are contact from social accounts like Facebook and twitter that have no number associated with them. You can link to contacts if they are the same person and appear twice in your contacts. Or manually add a number to a social account without one.

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Nokia MixRadio allows you to stream free music to your phone. make sure you're on an unmetered connection to avoid excessive data charges.
you really should spend some time just exploring the people hub. it's THE BEST feature of WP8 ;)

makarand14

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Also, in the contacts some people have the option to call, email, facebook, text while others dont have the texting option. Is there a way to fix this? Why is that happening?

If you have the Number set into the contact, make sure its marked as TYPE:MOBILE. If it isn't, WP doesn't enable the 'text' feature. Otherwise, as @mitsuyager9 said, you haven't got the Number set.

DBZo07

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
If u have friends with windows phone than add them to peoples room. You can chat, share event, notes, location..
Nokia music mix, is best music app.
Subscribe threads of this forum(tapatalk)
-todays app update
-app deals
Be connected to this forum , you will be excited for updates.

snapchat (6snaps) user database is hacked, i am afraid, i have to stop using it.

I was using android since 6years, htchd2, nexus 1, 2, 3, Samsung Grand... Than switched to windows phone. Initially was frustrated, but now i am satisfied. Have patience.
Enjoy.

Sent from my L625

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss