useless rage thread

nagatofm

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
WHEN. WILL. THE. BLACK. UPDATE. BE. RELEASED. FOR. LUMIA. 920?!?
I mean it's already very late. If I'm not mistaken, final ver of GDR3 has been there for more than a month already. As far as I know Samsung and HTC devices already have an update. Why it's taking so long to provide it for our Lumias?
And, please, don't tell me about Dev Preview Programm. I already use it and I think, I'd better not used it at all. My awesome L920 became some sort of mid-range Android crap after update: it looses 35% battery per hour even in Subway Surfer, it overheats so badly I'm afraid to keep it in hands, camera quality suffered a great decrease, UI lags, it reboots all of a sudden, it has strange graphical stucks on heavy tasks sometimes (when it happened first I thought I've burned the phone's GPU -- it looked just like burned GPU on PC), it has random network-not-available in the very centre of the city (5 towers of my provider can be SEEN from this place).
Yeah, I do think that it's better late than buggy. But we can see that top-end 2013 Nokias (L1020, L925, L1520) already have their Lumia Black and it's rolling out rather quickly all over the world. Why have our L920 struggle?
And is there a way, btw, to downgrade to GDR2 WITHOUT LOOSING ALL MY DATA? I have 6 gb of apps and it will be a problem to install all of them again. And, of course, I have some games saves that I don't want to loose.
P.S.: Don't consider the thread as a serious one, just wanted to express my ANGER somewhere.

Last edited:

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: I'm so angry I can even power the whole world with the energy of my burning

Excuse me for ignoring the dramatics here.

For an overheating/bettery draining phone, just perform a hard reset. Same thing happened to my 1520, it got really hot and wouldn't hold a charge for more than three hours. A simple hard reset now gives me a cool phone and 2 days worth of charge.

920 Black will roll out when Nokia wants it to roll out. Just keep up with the tech blogs for news as it happens. Not having it won't cause you or your phone to explode.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Dude, your title had me laughing so hard XD

Either way, please calm down. Each phone for each carrier has a different ROM that has to be recoded by hand, not just copy/pasted. That means that there are over a hundred different ROMs that Nokia has to write.

As to the GDR2, no, there is no way to downgrade. Don't even think about blaming Microsoft or Nokia or anyone else but yourself since it clearly said that this was a one-way trip when you signed up for it, so if you didn't want to deal with any glitches, you shouldn't have signed up for it. Have a nice day :)

Shouvik Mazumdar

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site

Nice narration:)

I agree , Nokia must quickly deploy the updates. It is just another way of telling its customers that they really care , but BTW you are not missing anything on GDR3 I had a 920 , sold it for 1520

nagatofm

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site

For an overheating/bettery draining phone, just perform a hard reset.
Was there, have done it. No effect. And I don't really want to do it again now as I have too much data to loose now.
As to the GDR2, no, there is no way to downgrade.
Nope, you're wrong. You can flash GDR2 using NCS.
but BTW you are not missing anything on GDR3
The point is, I already have GDR3. I've used Dev Preview. But it's very buggy. And if I downgrade I'll loose all my data because GDR2 lacks this awesome "restore backup" feature on the first boot. But on Lumia Black it will be there so I will be able to reset my phone.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site

Was there, have done it. No effect. And I don't really want to do it again now as I have too much data to loose now.

Nope, you're wrong. You can flash GDR2 using NCS.

The point is, I already have GDR3. I've used Dev Preview. But it's very buggy. And if I downgrade I'll loose all my data because GDR2 lacks this awesome "restore backup" feature on the first boot. But on Lumia Black it will be there so I will be able to reset my phone.

you said, "is there any way to downgrade without losing data" and I said no to that.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site

I know you are complaining about not having the update yet (really hasn't been that long yet), but why are you complaining about bugs on a preview version of an OS (bugs I don't think most have)? It is a preview edition...

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Hard reset your phone, it'll most probably cure your issues.

But if you want to stay angry, that's up to you...

nagatofm

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site

you said, "is there any way to downgrade without losing data" and I said no to that.
Oh, sorry, I've misunderstood you.
but why are you complaining about bugs on a preview version of an OS (bugs I don't think most have)?
I've asked you not to take it serious. It's just a "butthurt thread". I think I'd better make it in off-topic section. But if talking serious, you may notice (especially on 1520 and 1020 forums) that a lot of people running GDR3 preview or official Lumia Black have pretty much the same bugs as me. Search for something like "1520 screen glitch" and you'll see.
But if you want to stay angry, that's up to you...
I-Ain-t-Even-Mad-the-fresh-prince-of-bel-air-30565881-400-300.png

Jupast

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site

lol @ "butthurt thread"? That's a new one. I think that might be an entirely different forum.

Either way, Black doesn't really add anything that major so i wouldn't go hurting butts over it.

nagatofm

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site

It adds one simple thing: restore backup on first boot. To downgrade back to GDR2 I need take a long way:
  1. Find a pen
  2. Write down every application installed on my phone
  3. Downgrade and boot up
  4. Install every single app from the list

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site

It adds one simple thing: restore backup on first boot. To downgrade back to GDR2 I need take a long way:
  1. Find a pen
  2. Write down every application installed on my phone
  3. Downgrade and boot up
  4. Install every single app from the list

why don't you just take a screenshot of all of your apps? That's what I did when I flashed my 920 to amber. Just do that and it saves the pictures to SkyDrive.

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site

Why doesn't anyone understand this guy! he just wants a place to rant. he has the freedom to do that.

and everyone telling him to hard reset! DID YOU READ WHAT THE GUY WROTE? HE DOESNT WANT TO LOOSE DATA and SAVED GAMES! WTH

Im with you on this, I feel the same, although I don't have battery problems, got rid of them all with the hard reset. but our 920s should be last years flag ship, and we where promised updates, show us the updates.

nagatofm

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for understanding. I'm not really mad at Nokia or Microsoft, in fact, I'm not mad at all. I had much worse bugs and waited much longer when I was using Android. Just wanted somehow ease the tension and somehow use this awesome title.
P.S.: If you want this thread to be deleted, just explain me what to do. Can't find report moderators/delete thread button.

jomarr

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site

Maybe you have a faulty battery? Have you tried having your device assessed by Nokia Care?

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: When. Will. The. Black. Update. Be. Released. For. Lumia. 920?!?

Would it be possible for anyone to look up the definition of LOSE and LOOSE and try to use them correctly just once? You do not loose data anymore than you loose a game. I guess some people might be trying to set their data free (a now archaic use of loose) but somehow I think they mean lose.

eroselim

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

Would it be possible for anyone to look up the definition of LOSE and LOOSE and try to use them correctly just once? You do not loose data anymore than you loose a game. I guess some people might be trying to set their data free (a now archaic use of loose) but somehow I think they mean lose.

Had me laughing. LOL. Oh just saying, btw. :)

The Jimmy James

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site

I can't answer the OP's question, but I can say that I hope ATT doesn't screw their customers again, and we get the damn thing in Q3 of 2152. I'm just worried that the 820 I paid money for less than a year ago will get the short end of this one thanks to ATT.

Why do these jokers have any say whatsoever in this?

Adnan Nazir

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site

I want to ask my Lumia belongs to EE company but now I'm in Pakistan did I received an update GDR3 whenever launched for Lumia? But questions is When.Will.Who unleashed the update for us ��

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site

I know you are complaining about not having the update yet (really hasn't been that long yet), but why are you complaining about bugs on a preview version of an OS (bugs I don't think most have)? It is a preview edition...

It's not a preview it's for developers TO preview.
GDR3 is GDR3 not a BETA
And I'm sure you know if you have it there has been updates.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel