Received update, not sure what it was

lcw731

May 29, 2012
Visit site
I received a software update the other night on my AT&T 920, but I don't know what it was. Phone says it's still running Amber, and I haven't noticed anything else change. Does anyone have any ideas? This was from the update phone software option in settings, not a Nokia update through the app store.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
It's definitely not the Black update then, if it's still showing as Amber. What OS version are you running? You can get this by going into Settings, then 'about', then tap on 'more information'. It should then show the 'OS version' that you're using.

lcw731

May 29, 2012
Visit site
It's definitely not the Black update then, if it's still showing as Amber. What OS version are you running? You can get this by going into Settings, then 'about', then tap on 'more information'. It should then show the 'OS version' that you're using.

OS Version 8.0.10328.78

Don't the SMS+Call Filters updates usually come through the App store? seems like I get a lot of those Nokia updates (except like Amber and Black) through the app store.

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
OS Version 8.0.10328.78

Don't the SMS+Call Filters updates usually come through the App store? seems like I get a lot of those Nokia updates (except like Amber and Black) through the app store.

Yep, the SMS+Call Filter came through the Store so it wouldn't have been this that you noticed.

The OS version that you are on is GDR2, so you're still awaiting both Black and Update 3 (GDR3). I can only presume it was a minor update of some sort to the OS then.

lcw731

May 29, 2012
Visit site
This just gets weirder. Got yet another update tonight. Still not Black and the OS version number has not changed since the update a few days ago. Any thoughts?

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
It does sound strange. Does it give you a list of items that are going to be updated or installed, like the following?

wp_ss_20.png

If it happens again, just take a screenshot of this screen and we'll hopefully see what update is trying to be applied then.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium