lumia black update question

paulalex93

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
hello , I am waiting to get the new lumia black update for my 920. I bought my phone unlocked. I noticed that on my box says O2 GB so I guess it is originally from there. My question is that even if now it is unlocked and I am using it in another country on another carrier , on which I have to follow to see when I can get my update? O2 or the one i am using?

jamie johnston

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
as far as I am aware, you will get the update from O2. I have an unlocked (unbranded) 920 I bought in France and I live in Belgium and use a Belgian sim, I have to wait for the French country variant update (which luckily for me, is coming soon)
also, the O2 update is 'coming soon'. you'll probably get it in a few days.

Last edited:

Malcome Larcens

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi everybody, I would like to start a new thread but can't figure out how to.
This one is somewhat related, Friday I updated my 925 to Black and since then my phone won't read my SIM card.
Everything else works fine, I thought it might be the SIM card but it works fine in my 808 Pureview.
I checked all the settings from the carrier and restarted the phone, it worked in the past but not this time.
Once I realized it wasn't working I did a reset both ways that are possible, first in "about" section and push the "reset phone" button and the other way with the sequential volume up, down, and power button. All of that and nothing changed, one thing I noticed when I do a search for available networks there should be 4 networks that show up here in Japan, I can only use one and it should be NTT DOCOMO. But after each search only 2 networks show up Softbank, can't use it and the other one is JP DOCOMO, as far as I know JP DOCOMO is the old name for NTT DOCOMO once I select JP DOCOMO it says can't connect to network.
I would really like to fix this issue myself since sending it back will take about 3 weeks at least.
So if anyone has resolved this issue it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Macome Larcens

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos