Data drain

fca182

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone, I apologize if this is on the wrong forum, but I wasn't sure if it's really carrier forum post.

I've had my 920 for almost a year now on AT&T, I've rarely ever used more than 200mb of my 300mb data plan. A few weeks ago I went from 0mb to about 150mb overnight. I chatted with an AT&T guy and he basically didn't help at all. His suggestion was to use some app that tracks data usage on other apps (like Data Sense) but AT&T doesn't let you use it and I couldn't find any other app like it. The only thing they'll let you know is how much data you've used via that *3282# number.

Last night I had to use data for a minute so I turned it on, but I forgot to turn it off and when I woke up it had not only reached 300mb, but and additional 250mb for which I'll be charged $20. An AT&T rep told me they'll give me a one-time $20 credit, but that's pretty useless if keeps happening every month. Now I have to constantly worry about not leaving my data on because at this rate it could easily go over hundreds of dollars in a few days.

My question is, what can I do? It's probably some app, but I've uninstalled several and it keeps happening, I don't know what else to uninstall. Should I do a factory reset on my phone? I really want that to be a last resort, but if its the only way can someone point me to how to back up my contacts?

Last edited:

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
check for what background tasks are enabled.

I had a Tumblr live tile enabled and it ate through more data than I'd like, considering I too, have the ATT 300 MB plan.

fca182

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
check for what background tasks are enabled.

I had a Tumblr live tile enabled and it ate through more data than I'd like, considering I too, have the ATT 300 MB plan.
That's definitely a possibility. But would it eat so much data even when I'm not using the phone? Does the Tumblr live tile change images even when you're not using the phone?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans