My lumia 920 screen is black but the os is running

Muhammad Ghiffari

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

i'm newbie here..
but i've got problem here

well, i left my phone after i'm texting then after 10 minute i go back to my phone and activate it..
and the problem is happen, my screen goes black, but i can lock,unlock and the sound of lock/unlocking is work, even i hold my windows key, the voice recognition is work..

i don't know if it the software problem or hardware

but my phone is fine, never got dropped from my hand or fall down to water.

Please help me :(

Dr Prince

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Try doing soft reset, as this could be due to system hangup...

Soft Reset: Press Volume down button + Lock/Power Button together for >10 seconds until phone vibrates & then it will restart...

Wish this could help you...

Regards,
Prince...

benedict

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
try to reset > hold power till it switches off > plug in charger then hold down the Volume down button till it displays an exclamation sign on the screen > then input the following
vol up
vol down
power
vol down

your phone will reboot then reset

Muhammad Ghiffari

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
it is a hard reset?

but in soft reset, my LCD didn't show me any images,the gear,or anything else, it's just blackscreen, but i can unlock or lock it, my phone didn't freezing or stuck in the rotating gear.

Is my LCD the problem?
is my LCD broken?

but it's strange, it's just did suddenly, when i'm texting and leave it for a while. Then when i'm check my phone and unlock it, it suddenly black, no images, even my lockscreen didn't show up, but the OS is running, my phone wasn't freezing.

can you guys help me D:

karlgren

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem sometimes... Solution for me is to "Plug in the charger" and restart or do a soft reset and the screen will turn on.

Rikki Saxena

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Hello All,

My phone NL920 is having the same issue. It is alive (inside) but the screen is completely black. People are able to call me but phone only vibrates and on the other side people are able to listen my phone ringing.
I am also not able to use navifirm(tried plus as well) because it looks like blocked. I have also tried hard resetting using all possible permutation/combinations.
My phone is out of warranty now and I am not sure what to do. I still hope that this is some OS issue but Nokia care will definitely something dangerous and drill deep hole in my pocket.

Please helpppp!!!!!!

Amit Saxena

Karen Halse

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Thank you so much, thought my phone had died and then after a day of no phone googled the problem - tried putting it on the charger but no help, Thank you :)

Svoboda

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Got this today. Was playing Caesar Slots and device froze then screen went black. Hasn't come back since. Have tried every reset imaginable. Have tried plate, wall and PC charger and combination imaginable.

Fantastic.

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site
I had the same issue in Lumia 1320 - the OS was still running and the screen went black. Thanks a lot for your post. It was very helpful and the issue was fixed. Thanks again!Guru

laina charles

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
:cry:please help me, I was on fb, my phone suddenly just black out and I think it has turn on but with a black screen, I can feel the vibration when I press the back.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro