Nokia Lumia 920 Black update - UKEE

Blocks9

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Just contacted ee to ask about the update to black; either the girl i spoke to doesn't have a clue or she is correct. She said "lumia 920 is a discontinued model on our network, and therefore wont receive any future updates"

Any validity to this statement???? I told her the Nokia page said the ee update for the 920 was "awaiting approval", to which she replied "it wont be approved, however you can look to purchasing the 925"

Wtf? This rep is clearly chatting ****!

Any heads up from anyone else with an ee 920??

sp8y

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Got sick of waiting for it to become available (almost two weeks since my wife's 820 CV GB version got it) so yesterday I flashed my unlocked EE 920 with the CV GB software using Nokia Care Suite.

Sent from a WindowsPhone!

bozza72

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
Could someone tell me how i install the cv-uk rom over the preinstalled EE one?

you cant install over you have to flash your phone with the new firmware (search here "920 flash firmware" for instructions ) you will loose all your app settings and anything else on the phone so back up first then everything except settings will get reinstalled after.

bozza72

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
I thought by signing up as a developer it would do a proper update, no flashing required?

Yes that should work but see if someone at Nokia will tell you about the update, sounds like the woman at EE is talking out of her arse and just wants to sell a new phone.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Yes that should work but see if someone at Nokia will tell you about the update, sounds like the woman at EE is talking out of her arse and just wants to sell a new phone.
you could be right, because they are Europe wide, and I think that they have released the update to other 920s.

Blocks9

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Guys, further to my original post, a second call to ee garnered a different outcome. This time i was told the 920 will definitely receive the update to black; furthermore, it will receive other future updates thereafter, in accordance with Microsoft's update plan. While the 920 is not shelved in EE operated stores, it is still part of the ee family and will of course receive the update. He said that black was in testing phase, and will be released shortly. He apologised for the "confusion" caused by the other rep - as pointed out, she knew nothing about Windows phone and wanted to sell a phone! Simple as that! So good news all round!

Sayyid Shoaib

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

never ever talk to reps about software updates. They mostly talk like programmed robots who only know how to sell new handsets or give out contracts. The worst case scenario for me (actually funny) was when the Galaxy Note 1 came out and I want into my local Carphone Warehouse and the girl rep said that such a phone never existed (more like she never heard of it)!

lol

P.S I'm on three network also waiting for Black update. It's like every other UK network have sorted it out except EE and Three (come on guys why make it so difficult and long).

klcow

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
well, EE has been known to take their sweet time with releasing updates and support for WP8 devices. Look at how long it took for them to release an EE film app and My EE app for WP8 users. Not to mention the delay in the GDR2 (Lumia Amber) update. Fingers crossed we get it by the end of January. If the WP8.1 update is going to take another century to get to the EE Lumia next time, I'm going to flash the CV GB firmware. The only thing stopping me is the hassle of configuring the start screen and reinstalling all my apps at the moment :\

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
well, EE has been known to take their sweet time with releasing updates and support for WP8 devices. Look at how long it took for them to release an EE film app and My EE app for WP8 users. Not to mention the delay in the GDR2 (Lumia Amber) update. Fingers crossed we get it by the end of January. If the WP8.1 update is going to take another century to get to the EE Lumia next time, I'm going to flash the CV GB firmware. The only thing stopping me is the hassle of configuring the start screen and reinstalling all my apps at the moment :\

Actually they released Black for the 1020 and the 925 virtually straight away. I guess if you buy a new phone every 6 months you can get the updates on time. I won't be flashing though, I don't want to lose my town on Total Conquest.

Is the GB CV Version 3051.4000.1349.0007?

Last edited:

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Got sick of waiting for it to become available (almost two weeks since my wife's 820 CV GB version got it) so yesterday I flashed my unlocked EE 920 with the CV GB software using Nokia Care Suite.

Sent from a WindowsPhone!

What version of NCS are you using?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre