Is my battery playing up?

SoullessOnyx

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Hey, so I got a brand new Lumia 920 today and fully charged it around 3 hours ago, I have been updating and downloading my apps, I have made no calls or texts or listened to music or played games, my battery is now on 33%.

I have mostly everything turned off so I can save battery, is this a normal thing for this phone?

I had the 625 before this phone and could use that for hours, it would also last over a day, sometimes even more.

darkest.white

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Yeah this sounds normal. It will take a few charges to reach maximum capacity, also downloading update s and installing them takes up quite a bit of juice. Also keep in mind, setting up a phone for the first time, your phone will be pulling and pushing loads of info in the background while you may not be doing a thing. Give it a few days, my 920 was the same way when I first got it :)

Boris Lozac

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Has it now stopped at 33% or is it still losing percentage like crazy. You might have the ominous battery drain. I'm actually now completely convinced that nokia with their fancy versions of GDR updates messes something up in the system which causes drains, barely no cases of drain going on on HTC and Samsung phones.

SoullessOnyx

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Yeah this sounds normal. It will take a few charges to reach maximum capacity, also downloading update s and installing them takes up quite a bit of juice. Also keep in mind, setting up a phone for the first time, your phone will be pulling and pushing loads of info in the background while you may not be doing a thing. Give it a few days, my 920 was the same way when I first got it :)

Oh! I see, I was hoping you would say that, but thank you for the heads up! I was starting to get worried!
But it is truly a nice looking phone... I needed to take a photo to show people! my_new_nokia_lumia_920__by_soullessonyx-d745mbw.jpg

SoullessOnyx

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Has it now stopped at 33% or is it still losing percentage like crazy. You might have the ominous battery drain. I'm actually now completely convinced that nokia with their fancy versions of GDR updates messes something up in the system which causes drains, barely no cases of drain going on on HTC and Samsung phones.

Nope! It is now on 31% and I have not even touched it for around 20 minutes since it last said 33%

Boris Lozac

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
That's it, check it every 10 minutes and do just that, if you're stll losing percentages then you have battery drain. Do a soft reset, Volume down + power button for about 10 seconds..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb