Lumia 920 After BLACK: Camera Bugs and Other Issues [BUG REPORT] [POLL]

alpha beta gaga

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
how about a more recent shootout from jan 2014 (rather than one from aug 2013)

Generation step up? Lumia 920 (2012) cam shootout with Lumia 1520

and the conclusion?

So, the short term takeaway is that, a little zooming aside, there's nothing currently in the 1520's camera that should tempt anyone with a Lumia 920/925 (or indeed an iPhone 5S or Galaxy S4, etc.) Long term though, physics suggests that the 1520 camera could provide a true next generation level of imaging for mid-to-high tier smartphones - it's just that the folk at Nokia (soon to don Microsoft t-shirts) still have some tweaking to do under the hood.

supershi80

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Stupid question, but how the heck do you take a picture without the post processing?

Enable the preview option in Nokia Camera, than after you take the photo take the screenshots with the comb button (power button)+(win button) after an before the postprocessing (near after and before 2 sec) ;-)

Last edited:

Senad Klepic

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Again sushi these pictures aren't sharp (repeat after me NOT sharp :) ). The yellowish is presented in portico as well ( a member posted his picture not long ago on the forum the yellow tint was presented but in a lesser count and the wb was way off (assuming that his walls in the room should be white and not yellow white) ).
If L1520 vs L920 isn't equal how is the L925 vs L920 equal? Again fish and crabs? The lens is not the same, neither is the PP (not in black not in amber). If you say its 8mp shall we add all other mobile devices as well?

supershi80

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
If L1520 vs L920 isn't equal how is the L925 vs L920 equal? Again fish and crabs? The lens is not the same, neither is the PP (not in black not in amber). If you say its 8mp shall we add all other mobile devices as well?

between 920 and 925 we have the same sensor/tecnology and only one lens in plus on 925. All the reviews about the photo quality between 920 and 925 show that we have similar results (with same fw)
My link shows you (another time, but is a waste of time...) that Amber is the fw that create the issue ;-)

A question: do you work for Nokia ?

Last edited:

TechAbstract

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I am starting to get the volume bug. Never had it before with Amber and Portico. Volume up and down would not change the volume at all. Happens on both speaker and headphones. Only reboot would fix.

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm not reading this entire thread, first page made sure of that. But the "polarized" unlocking is caused by glance & I haven't encountered it once on Black. It was in beta & they stressed that. You guys want all the latest features so they let you use them without them being complete but then you complain about bugs. Anyway, GDR3 & Black cleaned up a lot of minor annoyances that GDR2 & Amber caused.

TechAbstract

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I've also got the volume bug, I tried soft reseting and it solved the issue temporary, only to happen again a few hours later, really frustrating. I'm also terribly disappointed with the post processing of the photos, as I love taking photos.

For the volume bug. I turned off Flip to Silence and turned on Volume Leveling. One of those two options fixed it for me.

firewolf006

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
I've had the black update since Thursday(1.30.14), and I only experienced the volume issue once, about 6 hours ago.

BUT, I did have a similar issue, but it was only when listening to podcasts. Once started the volume wouldn't change from the level it was at when it was started. The only fix was either play something else then go back.

as for what happened earlier, I was using the Xbox music beta, streaming with the radio feature(smart DJ) earphones in(wired), stopped it and removed the earphones. A few hours later, I clicked the play button it was too loud (30/30) attempted to turn it down (0/30) with no change.

Sangeeth Sudheer

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else have major battery issues? After Black my battery is dying quickly.
Not at all. But if you enabled double-tap to wake, it drains out the battery much faster than before. Turning this feature off would save a lot of juice. But I love that feature and I disable it only when the travels are long. Did you try disabling this and other features?

Sangeeth Sudheer

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I've had the black update since Thursday(1.30.14), and I only experienced the volume issue once, about 6 hours ago.

BUT, I did have a similar issue, but it was only when listening to podcasts. Once started the volume wouldn't change from the level it was at when it was started. The only fix was either play something else then go back.

as for what happened earlier, I was using the Xbox music beta, streaming with the radio feature(smart DJ) earphones in(wired), stopped it and removed the earphones. A few hours later, I clicked the play button it was too loud (30/30) attempted to turn it down (0/30) with no change.

Yup, that's exactly the problem. Some kind of bug here and there and lets hope everything gets fixed after blue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb