Glance screen post Black update problem

DynaDog

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I have my 920 set up on the wireless charging stand at night, with the Glance screen set to Peek and set to stay on when charging and night mode on. Prior to Black, the time display would move around the screen (to prevent burn in, I guess). After the update, the time display is just locked into the lower left corner. Is anyone else seeing this? Is burn in a real possibility?
The Glance screen in this scenario is a real mixed bag after the update. It looks like the type face is smaller than it was before, which causes more squinting for the nearsighted at night. Kind of a bummer. I like the notifications being available, though. Maybe I will switch to the Time and Weather screen that can launch when the NFC is triggered on the stand, but I wish they would bring back the bigger type face and the mobile time display in Glance.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I thought mine at first was doing the same thing but then I noticed it did move. Maybe try switching Glance off and do a reboot of the phone? Sometimes things can go funny. Maybe even try a soft reset.

Yes, burn in is a possibility when things stick in one place. However, it will take some time.

Localhorst86

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
I thought mine at first was doing the same thing but then I noticed it did move. Maybe try switching Glance off and do a reboot of the phone? Sometimes things can go funny. Maybe even try a soft reset.

Yes, burn in is a possibility when things stick in one place. However, it will take some time.

LCD Burn in should not be an issue for the lifespan of a phone. The 920 does not have an OLED or AMOLED (or Plasma, lol) display which are far more susceptible to burn in.

Also on topic: for me the clock still moves around (well, it does not technically move, but i appears in another place every once in a while.

I myself have pretty much the same setup as you do, except that I don't have glance permanently enabled when I am charging my phone. (Why would I? I don't really want it permanentally lit, espaciall not during the night when it's charging on my nightstand :D)

Last edited:

scumdogmillionaire

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I came here to post the same thing after last night I noticed it didn't move. I was really worried about burn-in, too.

I tried to turn glance off and reboot as suggested, then turned it back on... waiting to see if it moves at all.​

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb