Nokia Black has rendered phone useless.

Paperweight920

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
After installing the Black update yesterday, I can no longer run any apps or programs on my Lumia 920. Attempts at accessing calls, messages, people (everything) takes you to a loading screen, then back to the home screen. Nothing, and I mean nothing, works. Any icon I press directs me to a loading screen, then my home screen. If I'm lucky, I might get to an intermediary menu, but it always comes back to my home screen.

I've tried what feels like every trick in the book. Holding down volume down and power buttons. Letting the phone fully discharge overnight. Bringing the phone back to life in the morning and charging it up to 100%. More volume down and power button holding. Volume down, power button, volume down, volume up, factory reset the whole shebang. Every time I try to access an application, I'm taken to a loading screen, and redirected to my home screen. It is completely ridiculous.

I've consulted Nokia Care about my issue and they referred me to Palco for phone repair. A really bull**** move. I'm not paying to repair an outdated phone that I did not break. So, people of WPC. Please help a fellow WP user out. I want to love this phone, and more importantly, I don't want to have to buy a new phone because a CARRIER-PUSHED MANUFACTURER UPDATE has made my phone worthless. I'd love to hear some options, besides the one that seems best to me right now--hurling this thing off of a waterfall, or under a train, or something.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petazinta