Lumia 920 - still good phone for buy ?

KllR007

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi, i want to buy my new phone with good camera. I have 2 favorites:
Lumia 920 - good price and photo quality
Lumia 925 - better quality but is more expensive then L920 (+ 100 euro)

after reviews I decided to buy L920 but after that I found forums here, where are bugs after new update which decrased photo quality. Is still issue or its already fixed ? your suggestions ?

WNxAshik

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
The 920's beauty is its perfection. I had a white one, gave it to my brother and got another red one. Would've got the 1520 if it was a 5 incher.

KllR007

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
yes but what about photo quality ? This is what i worry about, because all reviews are before amber update which i read cause lower photo quality.

(sorry for my english)

Jack Janik

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
yes but what about photo quality ? This is what i worry about, because all reviews are before amber update which i read cause lower photo quality.

(sorry for my english)

My selfies are perfect. Quick pictures are as well. Professional pictures? Look elsewhere. Its a great camera, and on a phone it's one of the best, but a DSLR could beat it any day. However that goes for any phone.

neJANIS

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Yes, it's the best choice for that kind of money. I bought it a month ago and I love it. Yeah, there are some not so pleasant things like awful volume control and lack of notification center, but it will be fixed with 8.1 update. Battery life is pretty bad as well (worse than S3). Camera is pretty good, but nothing special (well actually it is much better than competitors during low light, but same in good lighting conditions).
I would have bought Lumia 925 as it has batter camera & AMOLED display but 16Gb internal memory and luck of memory card and price difference stopped me.

kingenu

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
i have the 920 right now, good phone but tbh im moving on to the 925 because to me the 920 seems like a prototype for the 925 now don't get me wrong its a great phone and a solid option but to me the 925 is the completed version of the 920, either one you get, will give you a brilliant experience

KllR007

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
yeah but 925 cost +100euro (in my country) so I think better go to 920 whitch is the same in other skin ...
But ill be wait for fix photo, and after that i go to 920 (maybe then 925 will be cheaper) because now its nothing extra ( i had Lumia 820, and thinked 920 will be huge step forward, but now i dont know...

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
In a comparison between the 920 an 925 I'd go for the 920 since its got more internal storage. 32 over 16. And neither of the devices can be expanded using mem cards.

KllR007

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
but for me storage is not problem ( now i have 16GB, and 8GB free so 16 or 32 doesnt matter) if 925 have other advantages...

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
925 has an extra lens, so your pictures might be sharper. But it lacks wireless charging, which makes it lighter.

However, even with a wireless charging shell the 925 feels better. I think the camera is better on 925. Keep looking you might find a good used 925 that better suits your need rather than a 920 to help offset the cost difference. I had both of them and have settled into using an Lumia 810 which better suits my needs.

androsooner

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
I recently got a 920 and I really like it. The photo quality is way better than my wife's Nexus 5 (especially in low light). You can get it off contract for $300 on ATT right now in the states, which in my opinion is one of the best deals out there right now. I chose the over the Nexus 5 and Moto X because of the better camera and the off line mapping features. I have not experienced the yellow tint issues on my camera that others have discussed. I have seen a few other bugs (volume sticking is the only one that has actually bothered me), but not nearly as many as any of the Android phones I have tried.

Quinn FitzGerald

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi, i want to buy my new phone with good camera. I have 2 favorites:
Lumia 920 - good price and photo quality
Lumia 925 - better quality but is more expensive then L920 (+ 100 euro)

after reviews I decided to buy L920 but after that I found forums here, where are bugs after new update which decrased photo quality. Is still issue or its already fixed ? your suggestions ?
Summary:
the 925 is lighter with a slightly better camera, and a worse screen (pentile is worse than IPS in most cases. Although being AMOLED does mean that it should have better battery life as long as you are not displaying tons of bright images).
The 920 is heavier, but also a lot stronger. iirc, one of the writings for WPC had his ran over by 3 cars at high speeds and it works just fine.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Neither is a good buy anymore, in my opinion. they run on 2012 hardware, and we sadly didn't see a 2013 refresh, beyond the 1520. Your best bet is waiting until the spring.summer, when the 8.1 hardware will come out.

That said, I think that the 920 is better than the 925 if the prices are even. Having the wireless charging and guaranteed 32 GB of storage (some 925 models only had 16 GB) is bigger, to me, than any bit of thinness. That the 920 is cheaper than the 925 is icing on the cake, IMO.

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
In some ways the 920 is the best buy, depending on your needs. I'm in love with wireless charging and have four QI wireless charging pads. The 925 and 1020 both sacrifice this unless you buy a shell which then gets in the way of getting a nice slim TPU case. The 1520 doesn't even do QI charging. The other devices have very specific things about them that are great, but the 920 in my mind is still the best all around device. Lots of case/accessories, and just about all relevant features/nokia software including the latest Nokia Black firmware.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99