Fake Lumia 920 of AT&T made in China?

elfallous

May 30, 2013
Visit site
This week one colleague bought a new Lumia 920 , when I saw the box I was surprised in the beginning, because I found a white / orange box, not the usual blue one!
When I checked the box I found a clear 'made in china', what surprised me later is after updating the SW , the phone is running under wp8 update 3, but without amber or black update???

Is there anyway to check if my colleague has a fake Nokia Lumia 920?

Br

micallan_17

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
This week one colleague bought a new Lumia 920 , when I saw the box I was surprised in the beginning, because I found a white / orange box, not the usual blue one!
When I checked the box I found a clear 'made in china', what surprised me later is after updating the SW , the phone is running under wp8 update 3, but without amber or black update???

Is there anyway to check if my colleague has a fake Nokia Lumia 920?

Br

Do you have like a link or pictures of it?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
the legitimate US AT&T box is orange and white.

But it should have Amber/Black and stuff onboard, maybe some stuff still needs updating

WNxAshik

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Another friend of mine also has this problem, he has all the features of black and amber but the phone doesn't show it in extras+info.

nakialj

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Now thats mess up. Mines coming on Tuesday. Maybe i need to get the international verison then.

Sent from my SCH-R740C using WPCentral Forums mobile app

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I don't want to alarm anyone; but I have yet to find a Nokia Lumia that was not made in China. I got my first smartphone (a 820) because I thought it was made in Finland, not China. I bought two more (520's), they are also made in China. So I started looking around and everyone I knew that had a Lumia I took a look at the inside and guest what, they were all made in China. Now I have heard they have a factory in India. But I have not seen a phone from India or any where else but China. ????????????????????

ktl88

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
@fdalbor,

from what I heard of a Nokia guy working in the Nokia factory at Chennai, they don't manufacture any of the Lumia phones here in Chennai.
The low budget phones are what are being assembled here at the moment.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)