02-23-2014 02:07 PM
27 12
tools
    Hey all,

I just switched over to T-Mobile and brought my lovely 920 over. Unfortunately, I don't have great service. I've tried to talk to Tmobile service and they have been next to useless. Keep trying to tell me to go to android menus on my phone. I have couple of people I know that are on T-Mobile and have good service, they of course have mobile phones. So I ask, if any of you have a 920 and are on TMobile as well, any advice to get the best signal/service?
    02-08-2014 07:53 PM
    Did you install Access Point? That would help.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-08-2014 08:17 PM
    Thanks I just did, I also noticed there was an apn added, deleted that and it seems slightly better.
    02-09-2014 09:51 AM
    Does access point automatically configure the settings for the network you're on?
    02-09-2014 09:53 AM
    Yes, it should if you are having trouble when you add them manually. I have my Rogers 920 working well on T-Mobile and used Access Point.
    02-09-2014 12:14 PM
    Awesome definitely works much better, thanks!
    metalchick719 likes this.
    02-11-2014 04:23 PM
    It worked for me. Just popped in my sim and installed AccessPoint and I was ready in no time
    02-12-2014 10:19 PM
    Just ported my daughter's 920 from ATT to T-Mobile. Now she can't send/recv text pics, or group messages. From what I read, there are also problems with internet sharing when moving a 920 from ATT to TMob. I'll try loading Access Point this evening. She doesn't use internet sharing, but I do, and don't want to port my 920 till we get this figured out.

T-Mobile said they couldn't guarantee all features will work if you move an ATT phone. Funny they don't tell you this before you switch.

I wonder if we will ever get future updates since T-Mob doesn't sell the 920 for their network.
    02-19-2014 02:49 PM
    Just ported my daughter's 920 from ATT to T-Mobile. Now she can't send/recv text pics, or group messages. From what I read, there are also problems with internet sharing when moving a 920 from ATT to TMob. I'll try loading Access Point this evening. She doesn't use internet sharing, but I do, and don't want to port my 920 till we get this figured out.

T-Mobile said they couldn't guarantee all features will work if you move an ATT phone. Funny they don't tell you this before you switch.

I wonder if we will ever get future updates since T-Mob doesn't sell the 920 for their network.
    I think using developer preview you can and did you try this thread...http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok...0/251258-3.htm
    02-19-2014 03:24 PM
    Yes, I did see the foreign sim fix, but thanks for reminding me. I'll try that on my phone if needed.

For my daughter's phone.... SUCCESS!!!! All I did was have her install the Access Point app and her MMS and group messaging started working. I thought I'd have to setup APNs but I didn't do anything!
    02-19-2014 07:51 PM
    I am still having trouble sending pics. I even followed the instructions on the other forum and still nothing
    02-19-2014 11:02 PM
    take the 920 to aio, the data will be faster, the coverage better, and the price about the same.
    02-19-2014 11:21 PM
    Actually AIO, being a subsidiary of AT&T, is not faster. You may get a secure connection, but it is not faster. The D?L is capped at 8MB's. It's written in the fine print if you look for it.
    02-20-2014 01:15 AM
    Actually AIO, being a subsidiary of AT&T, is not faster. You may get a secure connection, but it is not faster. The D?L is capped at 8MB's. It's written in the fine print if you look for it.
    It is faster than trying to use an ATT phone on T-Mobile, your speed without LTE would be measured in Kbps instead of Mbps.
    And even with T-Mobile phones their oversubscribed towers will only give you any speed at 2am. And that's when you can even find coverage.
    AIO with ATT phones really looks like the way to go.
    02-20-2014 01:29 AM
    If you think about it, do you really need any more than 4 Mbps down and 1 Mbps up on a mobile phone? If you need anything faster, I just use my home PC.
    02-20-2014 02:27 AM
    It is faster than trying to use an ATT phone on T-Mobile, your speed without LTE would be measured in Kbps instead of Mbps.
    And even with T-Mobile phones their oversubscribed towers will only give you any speed at 2am. And that's when you can even find coverage.
    AIO with ATT phones really looks like the way to go.
    This is all BS
    02-20-2014 06:57 AM
    Help me out, what is AIO? Price is same as what?

Posting "This is all BS" is not helpful at all... why is it BS?
    02-20-2014 11:10 AM
    This is all BS
    As a T-Mobile customer of 10 years, you can take your bs line and put it back where it belongs. I know better - first hand.
    02-20-2014 11:20 AM

AIO Wireless is a new subsidiary of AT&T. They use AT&Ts network, and AT&T phones work perfectly on AIO, even most of the locked ones.

Their prices are almost identical to T-Mobile, if a little cheaper as AIO includes all taxes and fees while T-Mobile does not.

Worth checking out.
    GiggleGoddess likes this.
    02-20-2014 11:23 AM

AIO is a MVNO of AT&T List of United States mobile virtual network operators - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Aio Wireless

What the other guy was saying wasn't completely correct. First, AT&T does have better coverage nationwide than T-Mobile. You really need to test T-Mobile in your area to see if the coverage is good. I am in Chicago and T-Mobile coverage here is good everywhere I go. I get good data speed on 3G+ and LTE anytime of the day, even using the refarmed 1900mhz band
    02-20-2014 11:24 AM
    As a T-Mobile customer of 10 years, you can take your bs line and put it back where it belongs. I know better - first hand.
    I've used AT&T and T-Mobile over the last 10 years in Chicago. Mostly AT&T, about 70% of the time. There's no doubt AT&T has much better coverage nationwide. It really depends on where you are with T-Mobile. It's fine in Chicago. If I drive over to Indiana I'll get 1 or 2 bars and if I walk into a store, I'll get no signal.
    02-20-2014 11:30 AM
    I've used AT&T and T-Mobile over the last 10 years in Chicago. Mostly AT&T, about 70% of the time. There's no doubt AT&T has much better coverage nationwide. It really depends on where you are with T-Mobile. It's fine in Chicago. If I drive over to Indiana I'll get 1 or 2 bars and if I walk into a store, I'll get no signal.
    And I travel alot, T-Mobile is sub par more places than not, and the experience is even worse if you try to use an ATT phone on T-Mobiles network.

And its always nice to take your family to Disneyland with T-Mobile phones only to find no one can communicate with each other. Unfortunately that kind of experience has been all too common for us when traveling with T-Mobile.
    02-20-2014 11:36 AM
    And I travel alot, T-Mobile is sub par more places than not, and the experience is even worse if you try to use an ATT phone on T-Mobiles network.

And its always nice to take your family to Disneyland with T-Mobile phones only to find no one can communicate with each other. Unfortunately that kind of experience has been all too common for us when traveling with T-Mobile.
    I've traveled with both AT&T and T-Mobile. We have friends in Maryland and New Mexico and you can really see the difference between the carriers when you drive. Disneyland doesn't sound too good.
    02-20-2014 11:53 AM

Your statement described tmobile as being garbage everywhere. Not true, carrier coverage varies everywhere. A person needs to determine who has the best coverage in the areas he\she needs it to be. Everybody is good and bad, it just depends where. Just for the sake of conversation why does everyone want a phone to be unlocked? They want to bring it to Tmobile not the other way around.
    02-20-2014 03:10 PM
    I know here in Idaho ATT gets better coverage, along with Verizon (better coverage in buildings according to my coworkers). When I was visiting my boyfriend in Sandpoint I could get voice and text with Tmobile but when I wanted to use data it would say on my phone that the network was ATT not Tmobile so I couldn't get a data connection. I convinced my bf to try Aio (he previously had a tracfone) since it goes off ATT, and he LOVES it! Coverage is great and he can stream Pandora in the car and at work over cell network. If it was Tmobile he couldn't do that. And going with straight ATT would be too expensive...same with Verizon($75$ and up!). But for 5gb data @$60/month is amazing! And with autopay that'd be $55!!

Sent from my Lumia 620 WP using Tapatalk
    Ordeith likes this.
    02-20-2014 03:23 PM
27 12