leaving nokia

AndreStudart

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Ok, I bought a lumia 920 8months ago, it came with screen flickering, so I decided to send it now to it's ''perfect'' technical assistance..

In my city, they changed the display+touch + housing.......

did it fix? no, ok, I sent it back and they told they would be sending to Sao Paulo for nokia itself repair my cellphone.. guess what? came with the same defect..

So I came back to the assistance, and they told they would send to Sao Paulo again, I decided to give nokia a call, and the person who answered me, told me I WASN'T going to receive a new phone (920), because they needed to repair...

this is a goodbye for nokia and windows phone, I thought nokia had a reputation to stand, but I guess I was wrong, I bought it for nokia's name and reability, the device is great, but nokia's control quality is terrible, as well as it's assistance, at least for me.

having a device that nokia itself doesn't know how to repair (came back from sao paulo with the same problem), and telling me that I wouldn't be receiving a new
BEATIFUL, nokia itself can't repair my phone and now it's going back to them and already have an answer that I won't be receiving a new phone, great..

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
umm same here in India ; they said they have discontinued the model and will further not increase the warranty(can not extend warrant for Lumia 920 ) , since the product is discontinued due to launch of Lumia 925/1020/1520.I have the same issue but I slap the phone lol and the issue is resolved, though this is not a permanent solution :\

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Is it not possible to get a replacement device where you are? I bought my 920 from Amazon here in the UK and my initial device had a creaking issue with the back of the device. Amazon advised me to to contact a Nokia Care point to try and fix it. If they were unable to fix it, they would replace it for me. Does the place you purchased from not have a similar policy?

AndreStudart

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Talk to Nokia on twitter?

I talked to them, but they still didn't answer me, although they always answer, waiting on that..

Is it not possible to get a replacement device where you are? I bought my 920 from Amazon here in the UK and my initial device had a creaking issue with the back of the device. Amazon advised me to to contact a Nokia Care point to try and fix it. If they were unable to fix it, they would replace it for me. Does the place you purchased from not have a similar policy?

I'm handling with nokia and it's assistance because I knew the place where I bought would tell me to look for it's assistance, my device is now on it's way to sao paulo, if it gets to me with the same problem.. I really don't know what I'm going to do, guess I will have to go to the justice..

maclancer

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Apple I know have the best return and repair policy in the industry. No other company will repair your phone in their local store like Apple store does.

AndreStudart

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I reached nokia via twitter, and I gotta say.. MUCH better than the attendant that said to me that I would never get a new phone --'..

they asked for some infos about my cellphone/documents on my name, so they could register and send to the responsible departament, they said the would be giving me an answer in 5 days and anything that I need, I could reach them again, now, that's what I call a good tecnhical assistance

maclancer

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
They will give u an answer in 5 days plus whatever they take to repair... I will say that you are going to receive the phone in a month. That is bad customer service.... Slow as hell.

AndreStudart

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
They will give u an answer in 5 days plus whatever they take to repair... I will say that you are going to receive the phone in a month. That is bad customer service.... Slow as hell.

well, It took 25 days for me to receive my phone from sao paulo (which came back broken), but 10 days were because of shipping delay, since the companies that make the deliveries are on a strike, but in my town, they changed the display +touch + housing in the same day, It's great if your problem isn't something very serious, otherwise, just like me, it will be slow as hell and principally stressfull..

I just wish in these five days, nokia decides to give me a new phone, or at least REALLY fix mine, it gets to me broken again, I will be very pissed

Disturber

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I have screen flickering too from day one. Never sent in to warranty because it doesn't happen so often and is not so disturbing. However, before my warranty expires, i want to send it for a warranty and include some other problems too. Since flickering screen is hard to proove because it happens randomly, do they nag about it or accept it anyway?

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Apple I know have the best return and repair policy in the industry. No other company will repair your phone in their local store like Apple store does.

This is the one thing Apple does amazingly compared to others. Apple is the best in repairing and replacing their devices right now.

luk3ja

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I have screen flickering too from day one. Never sent in to warranty because it doesn't happen so often and is not so disturbing. However, before my warranty expires, i want to send it for a warranty and include some other problems too. Since flickering screen is hard to proove because it happens randomly, do they nag about it or accept it anyway?

By screen flicker do you mean it flickers black? Or do you mean as you scroll the screen colours flicker lighter and darker? My 925 screen flickers lighter and darker as I scroll.

wiggum15

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site

Thats amazon service, which is great but has nothing to do with nokia which has a support as bad as samsung,htc,sony ect.
Only Apple givea you premium support, lets face it !

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Thats amazon service, which is great but has nothing to do with nokia which has a support as bad as samsung,htc,sony ect.
Only Apple givea you premium support, lets face it !

I never said anything about Apple not offering a premium service. Haven't dealt with them so I wouldn't know. I am merely stating that a seller has an obligation to the customer to offer a functioning product. In OPs case that is Nokia and/or the point of sale. He should have been given a replacement device after the initial repair failed.

AndreStudart

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Well, they received it and changed the display + touch, when they changed, it did not flicker anymore, but the ''glance'' clock was all bugged, most times after I used the cellphone and after it got a little ''hot''

http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...glance-screen-problem-after-amber-update.html

just like this, so they sent to sao paulo, and came back with the same problem, so it went back now and I'm talking to nokia via twitter, and I asked for a replacement, and they said they would contact me in 5 days, but it was helpful via twitter, via nokia's telephone, it was terrible, the guy simply said I wouldn't get a new phone..

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site

This is the one thing Apple does amazingly compared to others. Apple is the best in repairing and replacing their devices right now.

For the price they charge for their phones, I would expect them to collect my device from home, deliver it back when fixed at my chosen time and also give me a box of free doughnuts.
They aren't doing anything extra ordinary. If Nokia added their surcharges to have that many people available to fix your devices and made a Lumia for ?700, I bet Nokia will give you a free head massage at home too while your phone is away.

Well, they received it and changed the display + touch, when they changed, it did not flicker anymore, but the ''glance'' clock was all bugged, most times after I used the cellphone and after it got a little ''hot''

http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...glance-screen-problem-after-amber-update.html

just like this, so they sent to sao paulo, and came back with the same problem, so it went back now and I'm talking to nokia via twitter, and I asked for a replacement, and they said they would contact me in 5 days, but it was helpful via twitter, via nokia's telephone, it was terrible, the guy simply said I wouldn't get a new phone..

I think you may have more of a software issue than hardware. Have they tried to flash your firmware?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea