Does Foursquare work with position off?

Uff182

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi!
I've recently purchased a Lumia 920 and I soon installed all the apps I had on my Galaxy Nexus. One of them is Foursquare, but I noticed a different behaviour compared to the Android version (I know there are a lot of differences, but at the moment I'd like to concentrate on this one): when I try to check in using my position, it always load my last position and it doesn't show me a list of places based on my web connection. This with Position set to off on my phone.
On Android instead the app could retrieve a list of places even when you had GPS turned off. Is this possible on WP version or does Position always have to be turned on in order for the app to show places nearby?
Thanks! :)

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
On Android...

4adeje4e.jpg

Sent from my LT25i using Tapatalk

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
On Windows Phone...

pyrytudy.png

Location service is off, and it shows my last position.

Strange?

:)

Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk

Uff182

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi azcruz, thanks for your tests. I took a few minutes to have a look on my wife's iPhone and I noticed it is indeed similar to WP: in both cases (correct me if I'm wrong) you just have Location On/Off, with no choices between position detection using only WiFi/3G or WiFi/3G + GPS. This is instead possible on Android, there you have to turn on Location, but you can then get places simply by using your 3G connection (and letting GPS off).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs