Return from the future: GR3+Black to GDR1 (and fix the camera issue :-) )

supershi80

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
two days ago I decided to downgrade my 920 to Portico because I was so tired to have a Pureview cam that shooting poor quality photos (by lousy postprocessing algorithm).
With navfirm I taked the original Portico rom for my Lumia 920 CV Ita Blk and with Nokia Care Suite I made the downgrade.
The thing that is not possible to recover is the backup created by 920 backup option (because now I have a different rom respect when I created the backup) then I lost my sms messages (but I can look them on outlook.com) and I also should reinstall all my apps. The other thing that I lost is my save game (this type of data is impossible to backup...thank by Microsoft :-| ).

With Portico I have lost this features that I used before:
-double tap to wakeup
-glance screen
-glance background
-nokia camera
but I have gained the most important feature that I request by my phone: A REAL PUREVIEW CAMERA
Now, I can shoot decent photos without the yellowish/greenish/not sharp issue that I had before with Black/Amber.

If someone decide to downgrade also his 920 phone doesn't esitate to ask me in this thread ;-)

PS: an advice, if you want have the full control of your camera use the One Shot app, for me is fantastic :)))))

Last edited:

5witcher

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Hello! I'm happy for you and I want to do the same thing with my Lumia 720 (it is also affected with this issue). Can you recommend me a guide or some place where I can read how to do this downgrade?

I don't think I'll miss any features. The only thing I am worried about is if new versions of Twitter / 6tag / WhatsApp / etc. will work fine with Portico :)

P.S. Here is a Lumia 720 Portico / Amber / Black photo quality comparison I made, if you are interested: http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...-quality-comparison-solution-downgrading.html

AndrewL920

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I used to beat my girlfriend's iPhone 5 camera when I first bought my phone. But after Amber and black, it destroys the number 1 asset of my phone. Now my girlfriends iPhone 5 beats my phone now. So I also decided to go back to Portico. The camera now came back to what it is been advertised. :)

Honesly, I do not care a SINGLE BIT with the latest upcoming windows 8.1.... What I care the most is that Microkia will take a look at the issues of their cameraphones.
I am currently satisfied on my Windows Phone 8. I use it for call, text, browsing, games, music and the camera.

supershi80

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Hello! I'm happy for you and I want to do the same thing with my Lumia 720 (it is also affected with this issue). Can you recommend me a guide or some place where I can read how to do this downgrade?

I don't think I'll miss any features. The only thing I am worried about is if new versions of Twitter / 6tag / WhatsApp / etc. will work fine with Portico :)

P.S. Here is a Lumia 720 Portico / Amber / Black photo quality comparison I made, if you are interested: http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...-quality-comparison-solution-downgrading.html

For the downgrade I use this guide:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...nokia-lumia-920-black-update-portico-rom.html

5witcher

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I downgraded my phone with 059S0T4 RM-885 ZA WHITE SWAP, it's a Portico ROM, Amber/Black are not available for it, everything works fine and camera is finally back to normal!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb