Hi,
    two days ago I decided to downgrade my 920 to Portico because I was so tired to have a Pureview cam that shooting poor quality photos (by lousy postprocessing algorithm).
    With navfirm I taked the original Portico rom for my Lumia 920 CV Ita Blk and with Nokia Care Suite I made the downgrade.
    The thing that is not possible to recover is the backup created by 920 backup option (because now I have a different rom respect when I created the backup) then I lost my sms messages (but I can look them on outlook.com) and I also should reinstall all my apps. The other thing that I lost is my save game (this type of data is impossible to backup...thank by Microsoft :-| ).

With Portico I have lost this features that I used before:
    -double tap to wakeup
    -glance screen
    -glance background
    -nokia camera
    but I have gained the most important feature that I request by my phone: A REAL PUREVIEW CAMERA
    Now, I can shoot decent photos without the yellowish/greenish/not sharp issue that I had before with Black/Amber.

If someone decide to downgrade also his 920 phone doesn't esitate to ask me in this thread ;-)

PS: an advice, if you want have the full control of your camera use the One Shot app, for me is fantastic :-)))))
    Last edited by supershi80; 02-20-2014 at 08:29 PM.
    02-19-2014 02:37 AM
    Hello! I'm happy for you and I want to do the same thing with my Lumia 720 (it is also affected with this issue). Can you recommend me a guide or some place where I can read how to do this downgrade?

I don't think I'll miss any features. The only thing I am worried about is if new versions of Twitter / 6tag / WhatsApp / etc. will work fine with Portico :)

P.S. Here is a Lumia 720 Portico / Amber / Black photo quality comparison I made, if you are interested: http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok...wngrading.html
    AndrewL920 likes this.
    02-20-2014 07:25 AM
    I used to beat my girlfriend's iPhone 5 camera when I first bought my phone. But after Amber and black, it destroys the number 1 asset of my phone. Now my girlfriends iPhone 5 beats my phone now. So I also decided to go back to Portico. The camera now came back to what it is been advertised. :)

Honesly, I do not care a SINGLE BIT with the latest upcoming windows 8.1.... What I care the most is that Microkia will take a look at the issues of their cameraphones.
    I am currently satisfied on my Windows Phone 8. I use it for call, text, browsing, games, music and the camera.
    supershi80 and prasath1234 like this.
    02-20-2014 03:24 PM
    Hello! I'm happy for you and I want to do the same thing with my Lumia 720 (it is also affected with this issue). Can you recommend me a guide or some place where I can read how to do this downgrade?

I don't think I'll miss any features. The only thing I am worried about is if new versions of Twitter / 6tag / WhatsApp / etc. will work fine with Portico :)

P.S. Here is a Lumia 720 Portico / Amber / Black photo quality comparison I made, if you are interested: http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok...wngrading.html
    For the downgrade I use this guide:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok...rtico-rom.html
    02-20-2014 08:25 PM
    Honesly, I do not care a SINGLE BIT with the latest upcoming windows 8.1
    Well, 8.1 looks really interesting. Amber & Black features and bug fixes are not bad, either. But all this is not critical. Camera quality is critical, though.

For the downgrade I use this guide
    OK, I will downgrade my phone too and I will post my impressions!
    02-21-2014 04:35 PM
    I downgraded my phone with 059S0T4 RM-885 ZA WHITE SWAP, it's a Portico ROM, Amber/Black are not available for it, everything works fine and camera is finally back to normal!
    03-21-2014 12:12 PM