920...should I get one

lee_michael_f92

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
So I know this question has already been asked but should I get myself a 920? It will be my first W8P. Or I was thinking a 1020. I kind of like the 920 for size and portability and I just use my phone for regular things like SMS, emails and Facebook.

I am coming from a 64gb 4S and I found a 920 going for 160.

So the question is should I or shouldn't I?

It's really between a 1020 or a 920. But I don't wanna spend a huge amount for a beginning phone on wP8...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
920 is still a great phone $160 isn't too bad. Gears of death on reset is the only thing i hate about it. Just don't reset often and you should be ok.

jonathanrn

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
Go with the 920. Get the 1020 only if you are really into the camera. That's the only real difference besides the 920 having wireless charging capabilities (which I love to no end! There's a video floating around of someone putting a wireless charging pad in their car... Awesome!!!). $160 is a good deal.

thzman

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Patience is a virtue, my dear padawan. :)
I've got a 920 and I'm quite happy with it. I've only tried out the 1020 at a retailer and I must say that the camera is really impressive. I reckon that if you don't want to spend too much money to just try WP8 out and you can get it at a fair price, the 920 is not a bad choice at all. My phone has no problems to run any apps that I've installed on it and it runs like a charm. The 1020 is a excellent phone and also a newer one so I guess that it will be a bit more expensive. I love the WP OS so I don't think you could wrong either way. It's all about the money. :)

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The 920, I feel, has aged rather gracefully, is still very well a solid choice for as a device.
I would get it, but if the camera of the 1020 is worth the markup, go for it.
There are some other differences like no Qi, different display type in the 1020,

christenmartin

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Get it. I've had mine for a year and still. Love it. That's weird for me I get bored with stuff real fast. Is is smooth and the phone still looks great even though I have beat the heck out of it.

irtiza_fayaz

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
I just use my phone for regular things like SMS, emails and Facebook.
The major differences are the camera, display type and Qi. You won't be needing the 40 mP camera for "regular things". Besides the camera on the 920 is good too. If the display type bothers you then you could choose the 925. ^_^

lee_michael_f92

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
The major differences are the camera, display type and Qi. You won't be needing the 40 mP camera for "regular things". Besides the camera on the 920 is good too. If the display type bothers you then you could choose the 925. ^_^

What are the differences between the 920 and 925 display?

fiedel

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
Talking about apps is not that pleasing for wp8 users. It is neglected by a lot of authors, e.g., credit cards like AMEX and cars like bmw.

irtiza_fayaz

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Talking about apps is not that pleasing for wp8 users. It is neglected by a lot of authors, e.g., credit cards like AMEX and cars like bmw.

I disagree.
And its *publishers or *developers or * companies... Authors? Lol no. Every platform is neglected by authors. :D

irtiza_fayaz

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Awesome thanks for the response :)

I think I'm gunna give it a try. Any apps in wp store that can replace such apps as the chrome app, and how's the tapatalk app on wp?

Don't know about tapatalk.
And there are plenty of (better) replacements for chrome apps. Ummm... You could download sysapp pusher and download everything under the Microsoft tab. :p
And most of the important features are built-in.
Office.
One note.
One drive (has an app too)
Etc.

Ssrki

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Do not get 920. It is not worth it now because Nokia stops supporting or fixing issues in this beta phone

why beta device? What issues? L920 works like a charm. It's true that is a first flagship on wp8 but for about 160$ it us a still great deal.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos