Background tasks stopped working...again.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
This happens a LOT on my 920. For some reason, all of my background tasks (except phone, email, and messaging) stopped functioning. That means my Me tile won't update, wpcentral won't update, 6tag won't update, etc. I tried soft resets, and it doesn't work. The only thing that works is to drain the battery, but then the issue comes again later. This has been going on for months on my 920, and my sisters 1020. What do we do? Please help! Thanks.

hprvez

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Pretty sure there was a bug where background agents wouldn't work if there wasn't a connection to the internet, even a battery level update background agent wouldn't work

rudrAgni

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
You might have too many backgrounds processes for live tiles activated. In setting disable background process for apps you don't need. Also go to app list , open app and turn off live tile option in settings within each app for which you don't have live tile pinned on the home screen. It should hopefully fix it.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
You might have too many backgrounds processes for live tiles activated. In setting disable background process for apps you don't need. Also go to app list , open app and turn off live tile option in settings within each app for which you don't have live tile pinned on the home screen. It should hopefully fix it.

Well a battery drain fixed it. I know about the background tasks in the settings app, I only have three that run (besides the built in stuff, like Skype).

Sent from my Xbox One using WPCentral Forums

rudrAgni

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I had similar problem of broken Live tile functionality when I installed lots of apps when my phone was new. Turns out that the OS registers fixed number of apps for live tiles (I think 15 but I may be wrong on that count). So even if you block apps from Settings->Background tasks it still doesn't fix it. One of the suggestions I read and which really worked for me was opening each app one by one in the app list, entering their settings menu and disabling live tile if such an option is there. If your problem returns, try this solution.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs