L920 featured in House of Cards (No Spoilers)

GerOrBa

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
I just want to pint out that the L920 is heavily featured in House of Cards with at least two characters using it.

Although several brands of smart phones can be seen... (Francis Underwood, the main character, uses an iPhone, and Doug Stamper, his henchmen, chief of staff, uses blackberry; and iMacs are also heavily displayed in the offices). There is one scene in season two where the character Jackie Sharp uses his black L920 to dial Remy Danton... the interesting thing is that it is a clear shot of the screen and the whole process is shown: Start-Screen, contacts, select contact (Remy Danton), Call. It was almost like a demo.... I love seeing the L920 featured in works of fiction (I loved seeing that Mycroft uses this phone in the BBC Sherlock Series)... but having the character blatantly demonstrate how a call is placed in WP8 was IMHO a little distracting and almost took me off the scene.

What was great is that frequently this character (Jakie) had the L920 in her hand while interacting with other characters... It's just a beautiful piece of Hardware and that's the way to feature a phone in a TV drama (adding maybe short identifiable shots of the Start Screen). But when it's time for the character to place a call... just have her do what it's normally done in TV series: tap 3 times randomly at the phone screen and immediately place it in the ear!

It's still great to see WP8 featured in words of Fiction!

DeathByPlant

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
also the nokia lumia 1020 is HEAVILY featured in the show on mtv called Teen Wolf, they even show someone taking a picture while adjusting the settings.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon