Lumia 920 screen discoloration

Parteek Agnihotri

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
My 8 months old Lumia 920 screen is giving off this weird yellowish tint in the middle and edges of the screen. Not sure you could see in the photos but it's pretty annoying as it gives a yellowish tint to everything on the screen. Anyone having the same issue? any recommendations. The device is 8 months old by the actual guarantee is over since this was a replacement device to my original lumia 920. Sorry for bad picture quality, I didn't have a better device to take photos with.

altAh9JAdLVjHM6QaaeKLdz973XJMqRYwHM28h93RasZr45.jpgaltAi5S1cfsUw-ADV6HIJpQV2gsAJWubnR2kTtzb3eJOBg6.jpg

Last edited:

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
My 8 months old Lumia 920 screen is giving off this weird yellowish tint in the middle and edges of the screen. Not sure you could see in the photos but it's pretty annoying as it gives a yellowish tint to everything on the screen. Anyone having the same issue? any recommendations. The device is 8 months old by the actual guarantee is over since this was a replacement device to my original lumia 920. Sorry for bad picture quality, I didn't have a better device to take photos with.

I would send it back. This is a fault with the panel - my friend has this same discolouration on his Nexus 7 and he sent it back for a replacement (third time)

View attachment 58876View attachment 58877

Blake Currall

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I have a similar issue, Nokia on twitter told me to try and do a software recovery, but I find it highly unlikely its a software issue, more like a hardware problem, my only problem is the phone is over 12 months old so Im assuming I missed the boat on a warranty claim

Manu Krishnan

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
My 920 is more than a year old.This discoloration problem started 4 months back.Its getting severe day by day.when i contacted the nokia care center they told me to get the display unit replaced.The cost for that is $300.I'm thinking of getting a new phone for that much.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes