Sudden battery behavior change in Lumia 920 AT&T

mcrozanski1958

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I performed a hard reset on my phone 11 days ago. At first battery was doing quite well, giving me usage all day. 68% or higher when i set it on the plate for recharge at night. All of a sudden, my battery get crushed with things like weather, espn, and a few other programs running. This morning, I took it off the charger, put it in my coat pocket and headed for work. It lost 21 % of it's charge in a 40 minute drive into work. I DON"T use gps or pandora as i have XM radio. Anyone experience this new erratic battery behavior? If there are other details i missed, let me know and I'll fill those in as well. Thanks in advance!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
This sounds like a symptom of a program locked running in the background. It happens from time to time. Do a soft reset and see if that fixes it.

Soft reset ->hold volume down and power button together. Wait for phone to vibrate. Let go and phone restarts. No files deleted. You may need to reset time and date.

denzilla

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Don't worry, Microsoft will add a task manager in WP10.7.5 Update 1 Super Gosh Dang Champion Black Belt Edition.....

Have you tried turning it off, then on again?

Last edited:

mcrozanski1958

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Do I honestly need to go back to soft reset every morning??? I only have Amazing Weather HD, Chronos and Battery running in the background (that I can turn off). I am hoping 8.1 comes out soon. Look forward to actually turning off an App when I am done with it.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Do I honestly need to go back to soft reset every morning??? I only have Amazing Weather HD, Chronos and Battery running in the background (that I can turn off). I am hoping 8.1 comes out soon. Look forward to actually turning off an App when I am done with it.

No. I was saying that a program occasionally becomes stuck. It runs in the background draining your battery. Turning off the phone is not the same as a soft reset.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire