Hello.

My 2 months old Lumia 920 has started to act very weird now and then:

1. Backlight flickering. It has happened 2 -3 times now. Backlight just starts to flicker (very noticeably) for few hours. And then it stops.
    2. In sunlight (at least I think so because both times it happened I was in direct sunlight) display keeps turning to very low contrast to something (I'm not sure - black becomes grey everything is very whitish and ugly) all the time and back.

Anybody experienced same problems? I guess it's rather defective display than software issues? I would like to take it to Service, but I'm pretty sure that they will say that everything is ok, as this problems happen only now and then.
    03-16-2014 02:29 AM
    What type of settings are you using for brightness? I have mine on automatic, and I haven't experienced the flickering issue you mentioned.
    03-16-2014 03:10 AM
    Your second issue.. That is sunlight readability.. Turn it off..
    03-16-2014 03:13 AM
    Your second issue.. That is sunlight readability.. Turn it off..
    Yeah, though I wouldn't describe it as an "issue" - it's just a way of making the screen readable in sunlight. The effect is not beautiful, but the screen is easier to read as the backlight is brighter to "compete" with the brightness of the sun. I've turned this option off though (battery/ preservation of my screen).

As for the first issue, I have it too - it's like the backlight is a Fluorescent lamp you got in kitchens and other large rooms, as if the backlight needs a reboot. Pretty annoying. I got this one too, but not too often. Come to think of it, it stopped after the Black update.
    03-16-2014 05:40 AM
    I'm too having the same problem 925
    03-16-2014 07:56 AM
    Yeah, though I wouldn't describe it as an "issue" - it's just a way of making the screen readable in sunlight. The effect is not beautiful, but the screen is easier to read as the backlight is brighter to "compete" with the brightness of the sun. I've turned this option off though (battery/ preservation of my screen).

As for the first issue, I have it too - it's like the backlight is a Fluorescent lamp you got in kitchens and other large rooms, as if the backlight needs a reboot. Pretty annoying. I got this one too, but not too often. Come to think of it, it stopped after the Black update.
    Yaa.. You are right. This ain't an issue.. This is a feature lol... :D
    03-17-2014 03:49 AM
    as for the first problem, replacing the screen will not fix anything. I have replaced my screen at ncc and the problem persists.
    03-17-2014 04:33 AM
    I had this Screen Flickering issue...
    but then NCC replaced my touch+screen for a different issue and no more flickering as of now..
    more details here:-
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok...ts-anyone.html
    03-17-2014 05:46 AM
    I also have this flickering issue, any way to resolve it?? Please

I noticed that turning off automatic brightness then back on, sometimes solves the issue... not sure though.
    03-17-2014 06:04 AM
    Yaa.. You are right. This ain't an issue.. This is a feature lol... :D
    Thanks, I was looking for that word, but couldn't find it... It's indeed a feature- and a useful one!
    03-17-2014 08:02 AM