Nokia Warranty

David Brabec

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Greetings,

So my L920's microphone stopped working few days back (only during call, classic case of dust in noise-cancellation mic) and as far as I know should be eligible for a device replacement, right? (I don't really feel like clearing it myself :D). Now, the problem is, that my phone's screen is also cracked (have been for a while). Is my warranty voided? Obviously I have no right to have my screen replaced free of charge, because it's mechanical damage. But what about the microphone, even thou I dropped my phone few months back, do I still have warranty for other flaws?

The device is still under both 1-year Nokia warrant and 2-year dealer's one.

Thanks for answers.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Greetings,

So my L920's microphone stopped working few days back (only during call, classic case of dust in noise-cancellation mic) and as far as I know should be eligible for a device replacement, right? (I don't really feel like clearing it myself :D). Now, the problem is, that my phone's screen is also cracked (have been for a while). Is my warranty voided? Obviously I have no right to have my screen replaced free of charge, because it's mechanical damage. But what about the microphone, even thou I dropped my phone few months back, do I still have warranty for other flaws?

The device is still under both 1-year Nokia warrant and 2-year dealer's one.

Thanks for answers.
I have worked in the extended warranty industry in the past, for several years, and can see this going both ways. First, from the perspective of the company, they have no way of knowing that the failed mic was prior to the drop, so there's a good chance of them saying no to any repair, invoking the misuse/abuse clause. From the consumer perspective, you know that it was that way, but you have no way to prove it. While Nokia has been a good supporter of their products, I would be surprised if they would do any repair at all, under warranty.

If you have insurance on the phone, through your carrier (Assuming you're in the US, as I don't know other countries' carriers), you could use that and pay the deductible and get the phone replaced. I don't know if that's what you're referring to when you mention the 2 year dealer warranty, or not. That all depends on the dealer, and what their contract covers.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs