Stuck with the update error code "8018830f"

priyab272

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
I got the notification for the Black update sometime around the 2nd week of January here in India in my 3 months old Lumia 920. The first time the update failed due to insufficient charge in my device. When i plugged it in, the device got switched on and said that it couldn't complete the update. I have since then tried to update the device for over 40 times literally and still i stand unsuccessful ! I couldn't find an appropriate solution on the net either ! Frustrated to the extent of selling the device ! :eck: If anyone has any solution at all to this issue, do shed some light !! or will taking it to the Nokia care centre help ?

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
welcome to wpcentral priyaab272 :)
sad to hear this , try some of these methods ;
1. soft reset :- hold down the volume down+lock button simultaneously until the phone vibrates and restart itself ,
2. else try to do a hard reset by going into phone settings ->about phone->reset phone ( this will erase all your data , so sync your device with your Microsoft id , upload your pictures , videos on onedrive for backup , same goes for contacts ) , after successful reset , try to update your phone via OTA.
3. this article might help you if :- Trouble with your Nokia Windows Phone? Restore it with the official Software Recovery Tool | Windows Phone Central
good luck :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6