Lumia 920 no longer charging when plugged in

eschaaf

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
My Nokia Lumia 920 has stopped charging when plugged in, although it charges when placed on the wireless charger. I brought it in to a 3rd party phone repair shop and he replaced the spot that you would plug the USB/outlet cord into to charge the phone, and it still doesn't work. Does this mean it's a hardware issue? Can it be fixed?

The back-story is that I bought a multi-unit charging port, and plugged the phone into it. It was fine for a couple tries, but the phone never fit perfectly when I had the case on it, so its possible I jammed it in an an improper angle which caused the problem, or maybe there was some incapability with the charger. The phone reset at one point when I plugged it in, and ever since then it hasn't charged at all when plugged in.

Luckily the wireless charger still works, which is what I use overnight, but its much less convenient that I can't plug it in other locations, like my car, for example. Wondering if I should get a new phone or put money into repairing it, or just trying to bear with it until I'm up for an upgrade at the end of the year.

Erick Rmz

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
For me, your connector is broken. Have you tried with another charger? If same result, and considering already your phone had same reparation, may be first time job was not well done. If you're planning upgrade phone until end of year, may be worth a new fix...

Sent from my Nokia Lumia using Tapatalk

eschaaf

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I've tried charging it on a few different chargers that plug into the phone and none of them register any power or charging going into the phone. So I had the part that chargers get plugged into replaced, but the phone still has no response no matter which source is plugged in, besides the wireless charger, which continues to work.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans