Lumia 920 and Calendar Issue

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
It's been awhile since I owned a Lumia 920(I am with the 920). But my best friend's boyfriend contacted her with some issues.
He is coming from an iPhone and has had his 920 since october.

He was having an issue...

His issue is:
you can't make reoccuring events in any calendar app.
(She told him to download Cal because she uses Cal, not the default calendar)

For example:
a class that starts 01/13/14 and occurs every MWF from 8-8:50 up until a specific date 05/2/2014 and it no longer appears on your calendar?

Is there a way to set up recurring events? I am a college student myself but i never actually used my windows phone to that extent....but if you can't set recurring events to occur on MWF, then i am a bit shocked at this for windows phone.

Even more confusing...He has a lumia 920 and she and I both have Lumia 1520....All 3 of us use Cal but apparently for him on his 920 when he goes to set up a new event it says "Add event" and it does not apparently have the same options we have for setting up events.

Our does not say Add event it says New event. So i am confused how the same app has two different wordings or missing features...could it be because our 1520 is on a higher OS version than his 920 is on? Both use Black....yet we're on 155 and he is on 150.

Philippe Maes

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I am the developer of Cal. First of all, thanks to the three of you for using Cal! The reason you're seeing two different add screens is because your friend has connected Cal to his Outlook or Google account. This enables him to edit or delete appointments after being made. The downside of this is he will not be able to create or edit recurring events.

Cal on your 1520's is not connected to Google or Outlook and hence showing the default adding screen of Windows Phone. Here you can create recurring events, but editing and deleting will not be possible from within Cal.

So, if he wants to create/edit a recurring events he will need to use the built in calendar instead or Cal.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Hi, that's awesome. Was not expecting the developer to pop on as first reply :D

I attached a screenshot of what i see on my 1520. Where exactly do I go at in the Default Calendar OR Cal to set uo reccurring events?

He wants to have it for MWF.....all i see in Cal is for it to occur Once, everyday, every weekday, every monday, day 17 of every month or every March 17,

And of course :) Thanks for developing it. Cal is the best app for us!
wp_ss_20140317_0001.jpg
Hi, I am the developer of Cal. First of all, thanks to the three of you for using Cal! The reason you're seeing two different add screens is because your friend has connected Cal to his Outlook or Google account. This enables him to edit or delete appointments after being made. The downside of this is he will not be able to create or edit recurring events.

Cal on your 1520's is not connected to Google or Outlook and hence showing the default adding screen of Windows Phone. Here you can create recurring events, but editing and deleting will not be possible from within Cal.

So, if he wants to create/edit a recurring events he will need to use the built in calendar instead or Cal.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
If you are using outlook, outlook.com or google calendar on your desktop/laptop the simple workaround is to do like I do the majority of appointment creation in outlook on the desktop which will get synced to your device(s) I have handled recurring events such as bar association meetings and monthly recurring events for my practice and boy scout events.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
So I imagine, the do it through outlook desktop is the only way to do this? No way to currently do it on the phone itself?

That's a shame. We're both trying to keep him on the Windows Phone team while he is a bit meh towards apps and the calendar thing probably won't make our case much better but i am glad to know there is a workaround. I tried to do this with my own phone and outlook and it worked Perfectly.

How does one do this in google?

user928

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
You can do this on the Lumia 920 using the built in calendar. As I said above, you have to do a recurring event for Mondays, a recurring event for Wednesdays and a recurring event for Fridays. It is time consuming but can be done. Here are the steps:
1. Tap new (+), enter Subject
2. Enter When (01/13/14), (8:00) How long (custom), End (8:50)
3. Tap more details, Occurs (every Monday)

Repeat for Wednesday and Friday. At the end of the period (05/02/14), cancel each (3) recurring events.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
You can do this on the Lumia 920 using the built in calendar. As I said above, you have to do a recurring event for Mondays, a recurring event for Wednesdays and a recurring event for Fridays. It is time consuming but can be done. Here are the steps:
1. Tap new (+), enter Subject
2. Enter When (01/13/14), (8:00) How long (custom), End (8:50)
3. Tap more details, Occurs (every Monday)

Repeat for Wednesday and Friday. At the end of the period (05/02/14), cancel each (3) recurring events.
ah I get it. Its not actually so much the one event set to reoccur mwf so much as simply setting the appointment three times.

I get it now. That's a bit silly on the OS. Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6