Sad battery life...

Elias Arazmjo

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
If you are using apps that have lock screen tile such as "power tiles", uninstall it and you will see that the problem is gone. Such apps drain the battery immediately.

Wpguy5498

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Ditto. I think it's signal causing his problem. He could even try putting his phone in airplane mode for a day and see how his battery life is.

Airplane mode makes little difference, it adds a extra hour, but that is before I replaced the battery, will try again and let youns know.

Wpguy5498

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Got busy and forgot to report back in but nope it didn't help, battery drained 3% within 2 mins then stabled out only to become unstable 15 mins later

GhostITMG

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I think you need to send your phone in for service. I've had my 920 since November of 2012 and with the exception of using the new Xbox Music app, I get 30+ hours of battery with moderate usage always. And as far as the Xbox Music app is concerned, I have a 15,000 song library, and whenever I make changes to it, the updating on my phone kills the battery. But even with that, I still get at least 18 hours out of it. I really think something is wrong with your phone.

Wpguy5498

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
I think you need to send your phone in for service. I've had my 920 since November of 2012 and with the exception of using the new Xbox Music app, I get 30+ hours of battery with moderate usage always. And as far as the Xbox Music app is concerned, I have a 15,000 song library, and whenever I make changes to it, the updating on my phone kills the battery. But even with that, I still get at least 18 hours out of it. I really think something is wrong with your phone.

I was afraid of this but I think you may be right. Well im gonna ride out this storm until I can come up with some money to send it off, in the meantime if anyone has any tips that may help please share. It could save me some time and money.

sequoia464

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Isn't the phone still on warranty? Shouldn't cost anything except shipping - unless you replacing the battery voided the warranty. I'm not sure how that works.

In the meantime pick up a $50 520 for when you do send it in. I'm using one right now while waiting on my 920 to come back from the doctor - similar issues to yours except I only had my phone for six weeks.

Anyone know how rapidly Nokia does their warranty service? Am I looking at a few days here or is it a "we will the get to it when we get to it" kind of thing

Wpguy5498

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Isn't the phone still on warranty?

Idk if it still has warranty or if it ever had warranty as I bought it from a friend who had it for a month and I've had it four months. I think me replacing the battery may have voided the warranty even if the phone did have warranty.

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Idk if it still has warranty or if it ever had warranty as I bought it from a friend who had it for a month and I've had it four months. I think me replacing the battery may have voided the warranty even if the phone did have warranty.

Personally I wouldn't have replaced the battery in the first place...you should've checked if the phone was still under warranty. After replacing the battery in my old iPod nano a while ago I have come to learn that some "replacement" batteries are not so reliable (my iPod nano would last 4 hours instead of the 24 it should've and then exploded in the kitchen) - also phones are literally like lego sets shrunk down 1000 times...they're assembled with precision and minute components...very easy to make a mistake or two

I had this issue just after installing "system tiles" and "power tiles".
So I guess the final way is to reset your phone.

I'd agree with this, before sending it in for repairs/replacement

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I compared my 920, to GFs 920, and my brothers 620, and my fathers 520, and my mothers 1320, and I noticed that the main issue is how we use our phones, I usually average between 9 - 11%/ hour. Although all of my family average 4-5%/hour, when I look at their phones, there are sooooooo many less livetiles, so many less Newsapps, and most of them had only 1 social network they use (and it was facebook).

my guess is if any of my family's phones get to my hands it will suffer even more than my 920. I guess.

Wpguy5498

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
"system tiles" is another app with lock screen tile. There are a lot of apps that drain the battery. Let us know what are your apps If it is possible.

The apps that have lockscreen notifications are 6snap, Skype, and wpcentral

Some have said Skype is the cause of it but mine was doing this way before I installed Skype, maybe its 6snap?

Elias Arazmjo

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
The apps that have lockscreen notifications are 6snap, Skype, and wpcentral

Some have said Skype is the cause of it but mine was doing this way before I installed Skype, maybe its 6snap?
No, I didnt mean these apps. I said apps that contain "lock screen TILE".

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss