Wireless charging: how long is normal?

delaPau

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Hello everybody

Last week I switched over from a Lumia 620 to a 920. Having decided that I am completely in love, I decided to treat my new baby to a present: a Nokia DT-610 wireless charger, which arrived yesterday. My phone charge was at about 10%, so I set it on the cradle, set up the Weather and Calendar app and let the phone charge. It took almost the entire working day from about 10:30 to 17:00 to fully charge, despite me only having made a couple of brief phonecalls.

By the late evening - again after minimal use - I discovered the battery was at 41%. After spending a little while tinkering with the background apps and blocking Tumblr, I put the phone back on its crade and left it to charge overnight. After 6 hours of charging it finally reached 100%.

Is this normal, or is there something wrong with either the phone or the wireless charger? My Lumia 620 used to last nearly 2 days without charging, except when severely battered by use. And charging using the charger supplied with the phone takes only about 2 hours and change.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

All the best :kiss:

Al_2

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
When my 920 is around 50% and I put it on my wireless charger (I have the plate, not the stand) it takes around 2/2.5 hours to fully charge (with no usage).

I'd say the battery on the 920 (well, mine at least) isn't great. It certainly wouldn't last two days, and even with average use it doesn't last a full day. Thankfully I have the wireless charger on my desk at work!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
The L920 is not known for a great battery. A battery does take some time to 'sort itself out'.

Since you're a WP user you know of all the pitfalls concerning battery. Compared to my wife's L820, my L920 battery is horrible .

Saying all that, wireless charging does take a lot longer than AC charging or even straight USB charging. So don't be surprised when it seems to take forever.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Well it depends on the usage pattern, my Rogers 920 has a good battery life, enough to squeeze in more than a day on moderate use

delaPau

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your input.

I was just horribly dismayed to see charging time going through the roof and was seriously considering returning the wireless charger. I guess I'll have to get used to it, because the only other viable alternative for me is to use an iPhone - and I loathe the horrible, over-hyped and over-priced things!

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your input.

I was just horribly dismayed to see charging time going through the roof and was seriously considering returning the wireless charger. I guess I'll have to get used to it, because the only other viable alternative for me is to use an iPhone - and I loathe the horrible, over-hyped and over-priced things!

Def an app or something interferring. It's about 2-3 hours for me from empty to full.

delaPau

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Actually, the problem seems to have sorted itself out without any interference from me and the phone is charging normally on the wireless stand - 2-3 hours. Also, after having tweaked a few settings, the phone is now going two days between charges.

Thanks to everyone for their input.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12