Opinions-Is Nokia 930 a worthy successor to the Lumia 920

Sayyid Shoaib

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

The Title says it all!

What do all you guys think I have been rocking 920 for 9 months now but will only upgrade after seeing Windows 8.1 update.

Has 930 been the phone some of you been waiting for!

Now I know most of 920 early adopters have their contracts expiring soon!

Views and opinions please

:smile:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
The L930 does not interest me in anyway. I don't see it as a successor of the L920 as it lacks features the the L920 has. It's also too big for me.

coolraoul

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Not digging the uninspiring design, and it looks too fat. I love the 920 and its fabula design, the 930 is too dull. And it should be thinner.

32 gigs were cool in 2012, now it's just too short.

No glance means I won't even consider it, anyway. Glance renders the phone so much more useful for me, it's a KO criteria now.

Plus the 930 does not bring any particular feature. Guess that's for the -even more expensive- upcoming Goldfinger.

So while I'm super excited by 8.1, it will stay on my great 920 for now.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
this phone will probably never come to ATT if Microsoft is unwilling to alter the device to support PMA (and since they are a Qi partner they may not) T-Mobile may not carry it because they shy away from high end phones (925 was not high end)

The 930 is the PERFECT phone to offer an unbranded north American variant in Microsoft stores. They just need to have the balls to do it.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I don't see how it would not be considered unworthy? Bigger screen, roughly same size, better screen, faster processor, better camera, better microphone system, and more. What is it everybody is looking for out of Nokia? I really can't think of much. SD card sure. Not trying to troll, just very curious what we are holding out on? The new SoC will be huge with some new features I'm sure will be included with 8.1 and following updates.

csd_images

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm still pretty undecided about the 930, whilst the phone is similar in size I'd have preferred if they kept the same proportions. I'll wait out to see what else Nokia/MS comes up with in regards to a successor to the 1020 before deciding.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I don't see how it would not be considered unworthy? Bigger screen, roughly same size, better screen, faster processor, better camera, better microphone system, and more. What is it everybody is looking for out of Nokia? I really can't think of much. SD card sure. Not trying to troll, just very curious what we are holding out on? The new SoC will be huge with some new features I'm sure will be included with 8.1 and following updates.

One truly wonders, what exactly would make a worthy upgrade?

Ssrki

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
For me only better camera, 20mp, and nothing else. 5inch screen to big for me. Just happy with my 920. For me only lack is no sd card support.

Burnbackin

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
I really was looking for something new. I am a big Nokia fan, but this just got me disappointed 😞 Why Nokia, why... I was hoping they bring a newer design than the Icon. Don't get me wrong, some people actually like it. Well I don't, and from what I read, most people here don't like it either...

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Even if it was on AT&T I would wait for something else. A smaller 1520, a bigger 925, anything but this bland rehashed Verizon Icon design. No, not a worthy upgrade when something truly special could be around the corner.

AndreStudart

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Christ, if 930 isn't a 920 sucessor, I don't know what would, is everybody bashing it just because lacks glance and sd support? I bet most person doesn't even come close to full up 32gb, I had 920 for 1 year and with all my music, videos, I made it to 25gb and then I made a clean up that went from 25gb to 17gb..

Christ sake guys: better screen (full hd), much better processor, a considerable better camera (just take a look at the photos that icon take!), first phone to record on dolby 5.1, qi wireless charging built in.. I mean, what is it lacking???????

I'm sorry, but if you won't buy a phone because it lacks glance screen, it's just stupid, 930 so far is better in every way than the 920, it does everything better, and if it doesn't, does the same that 920 did.

what the hell would make someone want more on this phone? great processor, great camera, great audio recording, great screen, I don't get it.

mauricio borgarello

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
The only thing that is making me consider change my 920 is storage, 32g doesn't cut it for me. I'm seriously considering the 1520; although I consider it too big it improves battery life and storage.
I'll probably wait to see what happens with the price of the 1520 after the 930 is launched.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
It is very clear that everybody who says the Icon is ugly has never seen it in person. I promise you that once you see and hold it you will say that it is the most sleek and premium feeling WP to date!

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
The 925 is sleek, sexy, and premium feeling. The 929/930 is another characterless blocky phone. Take away a sd card slot and glance and it becomes even more disappointing.

AndreStudart

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
The 925 is sleek, sexy, and premium feeling. The 929/930 is another characterless blocky phone. Take away a sd card slot and glance and it becomes even more disappointing.

I'm sorry, but if you think a phone is disappointing just because you don't find it as beatiful as another device, or the lack of one feature, that's just non sense, no phone on the market can do what 930 can, that is recording in 5.1, nokia has made the best screens out there, and this one it's not different, it's OLED full hd, and I don't even need to talk about the camera..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
priya8923