Lumia 920 front-facing camera question

lumia920pk

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Hey Guys hope you are all doing well. I have owned three Lumia devices 920 being the current & other 520 720 loved em all...i have been using 920 for a week now loved everything about it other than its weight...one issue i am facing & this annoys me alot is that whenever i turn on the front cam it seems to blur the image from the top...for example a selfie would show everything clear other the top of my hairs or anything above it & it seems to do the same with video as well...all setting are on auto i checked with a light there appears to be no dust on the lens & the proximity sensor as well as all the rest of the phone is working properly kindly advice me as what should i do & if anyone has faced this issue or not.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I think it has to do with the lens it uses to try and get more into the photo. With a FFC (you forgot the C in your title, I thought you were going to ask about Fire Fox) you are taking photos very close to the subject but asking for a wide field of vision, so you have to do that via lenses and then they write the software to try and correct any distortion as much as possible.

I don't take many (read: never) selfies so I don't have a ton of first hand experience, but I'd say your solution would be to try and better center yourself. How much of the pic are you talking about that becomes blury? The top 5%? 25%?

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
This happens in the video as well...well i would say more than 5% but definitely not 25% blury
P.S i compared to another phone the quality was much better of mine but there was no blur in the other pic
To another 920 or just someone else's cellphone?

Yea, I am not sure really, haha...I just looked at mine and it is really hard to tell. I have a day 1 920 which had a pretty big issue with getting dust in the camera, and mine is pretty much filled with dust now so my pics look pretty grainy/noisy so it is really hard to see if they are blury but they do not appear to have much distortion...so I'm not sure.

Is it only the top 5% or is it the top and the bottom 5%?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos