Voice mail notifications not showing on lock screen

Wendy Haylett

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
I used to see phone and voice mail notifications of missed calls and voice mail messages on my lock screen. I don't see them anymore. I have phone set to show on the lock screen in settings, just like mail, calendar, and my task app. I see the rest, but not vx mail or phone. This may have started since the last software update, but I'm not sure when exactly it disappeared. My carrier is AT&T. This is not visual vx mail I'm talking about (which I don't have set up), but just the indication that I have a voice mail (the little tape recorder reel image).

I've missed a few calls that I don't discover until days later :shocked:

Any thoughts?

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I used to see phone and voice mail notifications of missed calls and voice mail messages on my lock screen. I don't see them anymore. I have phone set to show on the lock screen in settings, just like mail, calendar, and my task app. I see the rest, but not vx mail or phone. This may have started since the last software update, but I'm not sure when exactly it disappeared. My carrier is AT&T. This is not visual vx mail I'm talking about (which I don't have set up), but just the indication that I have a voice mail (the little tape recorder reel image).

I've missed a few calls that I don't discover until days later :shocked:

Any thoughts?

Mine are still there, so it isn't a system wide change... Do you use the Glance Screen and do you have lock screen notifications active there and are THOSE working?

Wendy Haylett

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
I do use he glance screen. I just did a test, calling myself, and the missed call image showed on both the lock screen and glance screen, but the vx mail didn't show on either. Earlier today I missed a call and both the call (phone image) and vx mail (tape recorder reel image) did not show up on either the lock or glance screen. Very weird.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if it has something to do with using traditional voicemail instead of visual voicemail. I haven't used traditional voicemail since 2010, I believe (I switched to visual voicemail when AT&T first offered it for BlackBerry, and I kept it ever since on my 900 and now on my 920).

Wendy Haylett

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
I wondered that, too ... can you direct me to a link or something to help me figure out how to set it up. I tried once and I keep getting the message to log into it, but nothing really happens.

Wendy Haylett

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
I seem to get into an endless loop with the VVM set up. Just tries and cycles back to entering password screen. I'll probably have to call AT&T. Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb